Planting Ginger

How do I plant Ginger to eat?

Hardiness Zone: 11

By tonnie from HI

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Some of the things I grow from the grocery store are green onions, I plant the bottom inch with the roots, garlic if my red, brown and white onion have sprouted and of course potatoes, growing sweet potatoes are a little tricky you have to have them sprout then snap off a 3 in sprout set it in a glass of water, once roots form then you get to plant those, I have started basil rosemary and all types of tomatoes, I just put the seeds on a paper towel to dry and then plant them, several difference squashes and pumpkin from saved seeds. In fact 1 of my peach trees is from a store bought peach. I have done ginger also in fact I have 1 sprout in the kitchen that needs to be potted.

growing ginger
Growing Ginger
Home and Garden Gardening HerbsJuly 1, 2009
Ginger
Freezing Ginger
Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie
Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Ginger Tea Recipes
Ginger Tea Recipes
Making Ginger Beer
Making Ginger Beer
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:05:11 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.