Transferring Paint Into Smaller Containers

I have paint in very large containers that my painter used to paint my entire house. How can I put some in smaller containers that I can actually use to touch up small areas? Thank you.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I pour it into pint jars and put a piece of plastic wrap over the jar before screwing the lid on. Then I write on a piece of freezer tape the color, where I bought it, and when and where I used it and stick it to the side of the jar.

Don't remember what they cost, but Home Depot & Lowe's have a thingy made for this purpose. Even has a brush attached so you can unscrew it, do the touchup & put the cover back on.

If you have an automotive paint supplier close by, they sell cone shaped strainers and small (pint) paint cans. Be sure to keep the lid off the old can as it should have the "recipe" for the paint code on it. (if it was a mix). I work in a body shop and this is what I would do.

I reuse baby food jars just for this purpose. I have one jar for each different paint color in my house. I just labeled the jars with the paint's location, and voila! Any time I need to touch up, it's easy to just grab the little jar and a paintbrush and get to work.

Leftover paint in open cans.
Saving Leftover Paint
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingSeptember 12, 2008
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Transferring Liquids Into Smaller Containers
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:23:57 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.