Planning 100th Birthday Party

By joni 1

I'm planning a 100th birthday party for my very alert mother. Any suggestions?

Joni from Boston, MA

Showing: Answers Sort

By Judi 18 938 Flag

I doubt she wants for anything (certainly nothing to dust!) so maybe you could have friends and relatives send or bring to the B'day bash a card or letter with a story from the past and maybe a picture of them together. My grandparents had a slide show at their 50th anniversary and you could maybe do something like that. Wow! Sometimes I wonder if I'll make it to another DAY much less to 100 years!! Congratulations to your mom.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Be sure to write the White House to send a card. I would also put her photo in your local newspaper. It would be fun to have tables with the different decades of what was happening in the world and also what events were occuring in her life. How wonderful to plan such an event!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Have people do a page for a memory book, send them a page and ask them to write a memory about your mom and include a picture of themself and their family and put it all together in an album. If your mom has a favorite charity, have a "money tree" where people attach money for that charity instead of gifts for her.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I would plant her a tree in a pot then tie little bows all over the tree but intermingle the bows with netting pockets and each would contain one silver dollar course it would amount to a total of $100.00. She would have a small tree plus money to go along with her wonderful birthday.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Chris Richman 10 106 Flag

Look for ideas by googling 100th day celebrations. Many schools celebrate the 100th day of school. You may be able to find ideas that you can adapt. For example, the kids made mini posters displaying 100 of something (jelly beans, noodles, cotton balls) Maybe the kids could make cards displaying 100 of something that reminds them of your mother.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Go back in history to the day and year as a theme. Maybe some articles from that year and place.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Nancy Sherfick 6 Flag

HIRE A PHOTOGRAPHER! We had a photographer at my grandmother's 85th birthday and got group photos and family portraits. This was the best thing ever. Look at your local college but do not skimp and think that Uncle Albert has a great camera and he can take them. YOu need someone with portrait photography skills after all that is why you go to a photographer because they know how to place people for a great setting and they have the correct equipment.

These is only once you can get these pictures and it will be well worth the money. Ask them if they can put them online or if they can do preview shots there that day.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Hello,

What an awesome birthday party to plan for!

What if you celebrated it in the time period/year that she was born?

Having everyone dress in period clothing, she'd probably get a kick out of it!

Have the food done to, researching the internet for recipes from that era.

I like the photographer idea to.

Let us know what you plan & Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayNovember 10, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
teen dancing
Planning a Dance Birthday Party for Teens
Planning a Halloween Party
Planning a Halloween Party
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Luxury Teen Birthday Party
Planning A Luxury Teen Birthday Party
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 9:10:23 PM on 10.0.1.46 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings