Reusing Spaghetti Sauce Jars

When you empty out a spaghetti jar, clean it thoroughly and save it. Next time you have left over grease from frying meat, you can funnel it into the clean jar and put the lid on. Store the jar under the sink until it is full, then just close lid TIGHTLY and toss in the trash.

By Sandi

I have been using coffee cans in the same manner for 20 years. It certainly keeps the kitchan drain clear of grease clogs!

When you are finished with the jar and are going to fill it with the grease from frying ground beef WHY are you "cleaning it out thoroughly"? Why waste the water to do so when you are throwing it away after anyway?

I save my spaghetti sauce jars because I make my own spaghetti sauce and fill the jars with it. Fat from cooking hamburger meat I put in a shallow bowl and let cool. The "set" stuff (grease will solidify from beef) goes in the garbage and the liquid (non-fat) stuff goes down the drain with the last dishwater from washing the supper dishes. No jar under the sink for me.

Bacon grease I save in a jar in the fridge and use in cooking and baking.

You can wash and save those spaghetti sauce jars, or any other jars for the food bank. People give staples, rice for example, in large quantities. It is helpful to the food bank to be able to open a package that is very large and have containers to put the food into.

the smell of spaghetti sauce i cannot seem to get out. This could make the things i store in these jars smell of sauce. HELP

Do you not believe in recycling? Glass is 100% recyclable. Cans are also recyclable.

Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Spaghetti Sauce in Terracota Pot
Spaghetti Sauce Tips and Tricks
plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce
Information about Spatini Spaghetti Sauce Mix