How to Remove Burnt Spaghetti Sauce from a Stainless Steel Pan

Category Dishes
A thick spaghetti sauce can easily burn to bottom of your sauce pan. Here on some tips on how to remove burnt spaghetti sauce from a stainless steel pan.

I need a solution to clean burned pasta sauce off of a stainless steel pot.

By Susan from Clarksburg, NJ

Answers

Best Answer

The best thing that works for me when I burn anything in my stainless steel pans is to put water and plenty of baking soda in the pan and heat to a boil. turn off the heat and let the pan sit for several hours. This will remove burnt on food very easily with little or no hard scrubbing.

Best Answer

Spray Easy Off oven cleaner over the area and let sit. Then skim off with plastic spatula loosened residue. You may need to reapply before all comes loose or finish removal with a bit of elbow grease and a scouring pad.

Best Answer

I use Dawn Power Dissolver to get off burnt on anything. Spray it on good, let sit for about 15 minutes and it comes off nice and easy. This is the best product on the market I have found for this purpose and you can get in in many grocery stores.

Best Answer

Use hot water and dry dishwasher soap, about a teaspoonful. Bring up to simmer for a minute or so let it sit for a few minutes and it comes right out. This solution cleans like a dream.

I cleaned my stainless steel electric Farbarware skillet this way just 2 weeks ago. The pan is from the early 60's. It looks beautiful. My husband was flipping out as it was his mother's and it is one of the only things he has left of hers (he is the one who burned the food in it).

Best Answer

I haven't personally tried this but I would try one of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I used it to clean off the gunk build up on my straightening iron and every bit came off. thise things really are magic. I would give it a shot. You just may need a little elbow grease.

Best Answer

This method works! I used liquid dish soap and filled the soup kettle with 2 8oz glasses of water and brought it to a boil. Voila!

How can I remove burnt spaghetti sauce from a stainless steel pan. I have tried hot boiling water, adding oil to the hot boiling water and now vinegar. Nothing is working. Help.

Pattyb65

Answers:

Dawn Dish Soap

Try putting some water in the pan, add a few drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Bring it to a boil, simmer for about 5 minutes. While it is simmering, use a plastic spatula (pancake turner) and gently scrap the bottom of the pan.

By Marnita

Baking Soda

Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and then scrub it with a scrubby pad.

By tthompson

Salt and Water

Add a couple teaspoons of salt to a little water in the bottom of the pan and cook it on your stove top.

By tms421

Laundry Softener Sheet

I put hot boiling water in the pot, add a laundry softener sheet and let it sit over night. It always comes right clean the next morning. Good luck.

By Thissie

Ammonia

Do this in the garage; do not inhale ammonia fumes. Take a large garbage bag, place pot in a bag. Add a little water and 2 cups of ammonia, then twist and close the bag.

Leave in bag for 8 to 24 hours. Be careful when opening to not to inhale fumes. Then you should be able to remove the burnt food easily, wash thoroughly when finished. This is similar to placing a bowl of ammonia in your oven over night.

By Patti

Vinegar and Boiling Water

I had luck with putting vinegar in the pot and bringing it to a boil. As it evaporates I kept adding more till I used the whole quart. Then I turned it off and let it sit overnight. The next day it came off beautifully. This was in my new pressure cooker. I was afraid I had ruined it. I'm still using it now.

By Bev

Steel Wool

Use a fine steel wool.

By mom-from-missouri

Cola

I have had great success with different foods burnt in pans by using Cola. Just put enough cola to cover the bottom of the pan and heat to boiling. Let it sit until cooled down and the burn wipes right away. You will see the burnt particles eroding away as the cola begins to boil.

By Jo50mom