Removing Burnt Spaghetti Sauce From Pan

How can I remove burnt spaghetti sauce from a stainless steel pan. I have tried hot boiling water, adding oil to the hot boiling water and now vinegar. Nothing is working. Help.

Pattyb65

Answers:

Dawn Dish Soap

Try putting some water in the pan, add a few drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Bring it to a boil, simmer for about 5 minutes. While it is simmering, use a plastic spatula (pancake turner) and gently scrap the bottom of the pan.

By Marnita

Baking Soda

Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and then scrub it with a scrubby pad.

By tthompson

Salt and Water

Add a couple teaspoons of salt to a little water in the bottom of the pan and cook it on your stove top.

By tms421

Laundry Softener Sheet

I put hot boiling water in the pot, add a laundry softener sheet and let it sit over night. It always comes right clean the next morning. Good luck.

By Thissie

Ammonia

Do this in the garage; do not inhale ammonia fumes. Take a large garbage bag, place pot in a bag. Add a little water and 2 cups of ammonia, then twist and close the bag.

Leave in bag for 8 to 24 hours. Be careful when opening to not to inhale fumes. Then you should be able to remove the burnt food easily, wash thoroughly when finished. This is similar to placing a bowl of ammonia in your oven over night.

By Patti

Vinegar and Boiling Water

I had luck with putting vinegar in the pot and bringing it to a boil. As it evaporates I kept adding more till I used the whole quart. Then I turned it off and let it sit overnight. The next day it came off beautifully. This was in my new pressure cooker. I was afraid I had ruined it. I'm still using it now.

By Bev

Steel Wool

Use a fine steel wool.

By mom-from-missouri

Cola

I have had great success with different foods burnt in pans by using Cola. Just put enough cola to cover the bottom of the pan and heat to boiling. Let it sit until cooled down and the burn wipes right away. You will see the burnt particles eroding away as the cola begins to boil.

By Jo50mom