How do you get black sharpie out of a silk tie?
By Tracy from Milwaukee, WI
How do I remove a permanent marker stain?"The successful stain removal of ink stains differs from case to case because of the many types of fabrics, colors, inks and time elapsed before stain removal. We cannot guarantee stain removal since many variables can be involved. Testing first is always recommended as well as following both the stain remover and clothing manufacturer's instructions. Following these steps should result in partial or complete removal.
1) Treat stains as soon as possible. Fresh stains can be removed more easily than old ones.
2) Check manufacturer's labels as to fabric content and any special instructions
3) Always test stain removal solution first on a hidden part of the article or on swatch of fabric taken from seam allowance to insure no color loss or damage will occur.
4) Where possible, lay stained article face down on paper towels or clean white cloth and apply stain removal solution to underside of stain so that stain can be removed from the surface instead of pushing it through the fabric. Replace towels or cloth as they absorb stain to prevent stain transfer.
5) If enlisting the aid of a professional laundry or dry cleaner, be sure to indicate what the stain is and the type of fabric.
6) Do not iron stained garments or put in dryer as this may set stain.
* Also try AMODEX STAIN REMOVER for permanent ink: Amodex Products, P.O. Box 3332, Bridgeport, CT 06605, Phone:(203) 335-1255 or go to
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!