Removing Sharpie from Skin

Sharpies are great to have around for many reasons but it can be easy to get on yourself. Whether it was from a broken pen or a child got a hold of your Sharpie, it can tough to get Sharpie ink off of skin. This is a page about removing Sharpie from skin.

Gently rub coconut oil on skin with cloth and Sharpie comes off instantly!

More Solutions

Use a cotton ball and nail polish remover, works every time!

After experimenting with everything I could think of to get permanent Sharpie off of skin, I came up with this.

I have used various brands of hand/body lotion. Rubbing alcohol works as well. If you have hand sanitizer it works too, but takes longer.

I just read through all these painstaking suggestions, some of which seem pretty abrasive to your skin! Luckily before I tried any of these solutions, I used my skincare/face wipes.

24 Questions

How can I remove permanent black ink from my finger pad?

By Gail from Houston, TX

Answers

Best Answer

Use Clearasil Stayclear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash. My daughter and her friend used this after they painted their face with Mr. Sketch. We used soap, water, rubbing alcohol. Nothing worked but Clearsil worked.

Best Answer

An answer to the question advised using Mr. Clean Eraser. THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS as the warning on the box specifically states. I used it (without checking the warning on the box) and my 5 year has a very bad abrasion as a result.

Editor's Note: As with any advice you find on the internet, please use caution with any substance that is not intended to be used on skin. Always read and follow the manufacturer's guidelines.

Answer this Question

My 3 yr old cousin used a purple Magic Marker as lip stick. How can I get it off?

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

You could use coconut butter for two reasons. First, it is all natural and second, it will help. Put some warm water on it and do it all over again.

Best Answer

My 2 year old wrote all over her face with a black sharpie. I used a baby wipe and it came off easily, no problem.

Answer this Question

I was sitting on the sofa and I was decorating my note book. I took the marker apart and started to squeeze it. A lot of stuff came out; so my question is, how do you get Sharpie off your hands?

By Rhyan R. from New Orleans, LA

Answers

I use wet wipes, baby wipes, or alcohol prep pads.
Teresa in Michigan

Alcohol pads will do the trick. You may need to use more than one if there is lot of ink.

When my friend was all marked up for radiation treatments, she told me that baby oil would remove the permanent marker. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Baby oil or hand sanitizer

Anonymous

Yep I just used baby oil and it does work.yahoo

How can we remove Sharpie marker from my 3 year old granddaughter's legs? She has covered her thighs completely. Help.

By MaryC from Smith Mountain Lake, VA

Answers

Scroll down to the ThriftyFun archives below on this page and you will find oodles and oodles of suggestions. :-)

It has been months and there is still a mark from a permanent marker on my skin. I don't know what to do. The line is light and not so visible, but still there. Any suggestions?

What do I do after I take the Sharpie off of my face? Right now it burns a little. I'm not sure what to do, but it's not unbearable.

Answers

Hand sanitizer

Hand sanitizer, I worked in kindergarten and got sharpie marks off children's hands and face!

Answer this Question

My 2 year old has ink all over her. Her sister left out the black ink gel pen and our dog chewed it up and she attempted to bring it to me and in return got ink all over her.

How do you remove permanent ink on skin?

I have a two year old little boy that decided to express his artistic abilities with a blue Sharpie Marker. I have read the suggestions for walls and furniture, but have not seen any for getting it off of your kids.

How do you remove permanent marker off of a 3 year old's skin?

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 25, 2011
🎃
🎂
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf228232.tip.html