Alternative to Safari for a Mac

I have a Mac Mini that's four years old. My Safari email app and most of the other apps have always been mysteries to me. When I click on Help I get language only a techie understands, not meant for a senior citizen.

Could you recommend a nice simple dependable one my Mac can handle, one that I too, can understand? Thanks. Chuck

Hi, I have a mac mini too. I have used Safari for web browsing but I prefer Firefox. It is a free download and I think it is very simple to use. Are you checking your mail online?

I have used the Mac help features and have found them pretty helpful. Sometimes the best thing to do is to google the problem you are having (be sure to make sure you are reading responses about Macs not PCs). Sometimes a person will explain the solution in a different or better way.

If you have specific problems with Safari, you might want to post them here and see what I and the rest of the ThriftyFunners can figure out for you.

Good Luck

Firefox is the bomb! I love it! It even has free add ons for more friendly browsing. I hate Safari and only use it as a back up for emergencies!

I have found a brillant and free online computer site which deals with problems and helps you sort them out in a clear easy-to-understand way. they have been brilliant with me - and I can assure you, I'm as idiotic as they come when it comes to computers. the site is called protonic.com see if they will give you a hand (and I scanned the site with mcaffee and its clean-just to put your mind at rest).

I have an iMac, it's 3 years old & I use safari all the time. I might be able to help you, also.

Camino is pretty streamlined as a browser. Also, Google is coming out soon w/ a Mac-friendly version of its new browser, Google Chrome. The latter is so easy to use on Windows that I'm really looking forward to the Mac one. Good luck!

Mac has a virus out now, but it is hitting company computers, like for art, etc. not the individual owners yet. Call your mac guys and get some real advice. I am super careful and watch out for Facebook! Just don't open apps that you even hesitate for a second about. You are right! I am a faithful mac and Safari user. I love my mac. Have an iBook, and a new iMac. Good luck.

Computers SoftwareJuly 17, 2009
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Macaroni Casserole
Macaroni Casserole Recipes
Chili Mac Recipes
Chili Mac Recipes
🎉
🎄