Uses for Cooling Racks

A cooling rack used for cookies and baked goods has many uses in the kitchen.

• I use it after washing fruits and vegetables that need to be dried before storing.

• I place hot casserole dishes on the rack that need to be cooled a bit before storing in the refrigerator.

• I have used a rack across an opened drawer in the kitchen when I needed extra counter space. You can use a cookie sheet for this too, if it is not being used.

By mkymlp from NE PA

An old cooling rack that's otherwise headed for the trash makes a great place to post notes too. Just mount it where you want it and hang several clips or clothespins to the bottom rail of it. Then clip your notes to the other rails.

Another use would be to hang it horizontally and clip your cords, either extension cords or electronic cords to it. Or there are many other things that could be hung from one.

Whenever I put a casserole dish without a cover in the refrigerator, I put a cooling rack over it.

That way, I can stack another dish or other item on top of it.

This also comes in handy when you need to transport dishes that don't have covers.

I use a cooling rack under my lap top computer so that it does not overheat.

A cooling rack for baked goods
Uses for Cooling Racks
Organizing KitchenFebruary 8, 2010
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Spice rack with magnetic canisters.
Other Uses for Spice Racks
Woman Cooling Her Home With Additional Insulation
Cooling Your Home
Empty wood wine rack.
Uses for Wine Racks
🎉
🎄