Orange Cranberry Bread
A good Holiday bread recipe or just any day.
2 cup flour,
1 tsp. baking powder,
1/2 tsp. baking soda,
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. softened butter
1 large egg
1 cup orange juice
1 cup chopped cranberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 Tbsp. grated orange rind.
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. In a larger bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until well blended.
3. Add dry ingredients and orange juice alternately to sugar mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in cranberries, chopped nuts and orange rind.
4. Pour into well-greased 4-1/2 x 8-1/2 inch loaf pan (sometimes I bake this in my Bundt pan.) Bake at 350 degrees F 50-55 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack, until you are sure it is cooled completely. Wrap in plastic wrap.
If wrapped too soon and it has any warmth left, it will sweat and become soggy after wrapping. Wrap in plastic wrap. Can be stored at room temperature for a couple days. Doesn't last that long at our house!
I bake about 4 at a time and freeze 3 for use later. Saves on energy bill, by baking all at same time.
By Gladys Hill
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 25, 2017 at 7:37:45 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us