Decorating with Pine Cones

Collect pine cones from your yard or nearby park or woods. Dry out and place mounds of them in garage sale bowls around your home. They are simple and beautiful. For Christmas, I add a few dabs of white paint around the edges. The plain ones look fine all year through; especially on a coffee table. If desired, add a few drops of essential oil.

By Barbara C. from Park Ridge

I am going to be using them to make candle rings for votives, my hubby and I are renewing our vows this year after 15 years and I'm trying to make my decorations out of items I find outside since we are going with a fall theme

Dear Barbara, I have been using bowls of pinecones around my house for years. I always add a few drops of essential oil and it makes such an inexpensive room freshener. Ever since I got my dog and take him for long walks every morning, I have been finding wonderful things in natural that I bring home! Thank you for sharing with us, Lisa

There is a very important caution that you need to heed. I used pine cones several years ago for a Christmas decoration for my coffee table. I found little worms all over the table. Come to find out, they were in the pine cones.

Be SURE to freeze the pine cones for awhile before using them. It sure made a big difference to me.

Hi Barbara,

If you drip some candle wax on them, they really dress up the pine cone. (Glitter doesn't hurt either!)

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AccessoriesApril 25, 2008
Pine Cones
Getting Seeds From Pine Cones
A pinecone painted silver
Crafts Using Pine Cones
Making Scented Pinecones
Making Scented Pine Cones
Pine Cone Wreath
Collecting Pine Cones for Crafts
🎄