Digital Camera LCD Goes Black in Sunlight

I bought a Kodak EasyShare C913 digital camera. I love it except for one thing. The viewing screen fades into nothing while trying to take pictures in sunlight. Any solutions to this other than carrying around a huge black sheet like photographers 100 years ago did? Talk about modern advancements. Thanks.

By tomatohanger from Canton, OH

That's the way it is as too much light is shining on the screen all you can do is shade the screen or use the eye piece.

I have the same camera and the same problem. I don't have to be out in the sun, either, just pointing the camera out into it. I stumbled onto the fact that touching the telephoto "in" or "out", just a tap, will lighten the screen back up briefly. I believe other buttons will do the same thing but I'm afraid to try that without looking.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJuly 29, 2009
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
Couple Buying a Digital Camera
Buying a Digital Camera
Blue digital camera.
Cleaning a Digital Camera
A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Buying a Camera