Injury To Bottom Of Dog's Paw

I originally thought my Shih Tzu/Maltese could have hip dysplasia, but I looked at the bottom of her foot (paw) last night and saw that one of the black dots (I don't know what they are) is gone. She is limping on this paw. Can anyone tell me what this black thing is called and what I should do?

Pamela from Saginaw, MI

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

One of her pads has been torn away. You need to get her to the vet for treatment and to avoid infection.

I agree on both counts.

With no dis-respect the obvious thing you need to do is contact your Veterinarian then try and establish how this happend to the animal. You can not leave this with-out treatment.

Pets Dogs HealthAugust 8, 2008
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:56:41 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.