Graduate Keepsake Pillow

For special occasions I always try to give something that will be kind of a keepsake. Several years ago when my nephew was graduating from high school I went to a place that puts anything you want on t-shirts. I had the name of his school and team put on the front side, and his last name with his football number on the back side. I bought the t-shirt in one of the school colors, and had the lettering done in the other color.

Then I made it into a large size throw pillow. I did this by sewing the ends of the sleeves and the bottom shut. Then I stuffed it with a lot of fiberfill stuffing, and then hand sewed the neckline shut.

Source: I guess it came out of my own head, because I didn't remember seeing how to do it anyplace else.

By redhatterb from Sioux Falls, SD

By the way did you try making a throw pillow out of an old t-shirt to see how it looked?

No, I didn't make a sample pillow. I started sewing when I was 8-9 years old and have a tendency to rush in where angels fear to tread. At the time I made this pillow I was probably about 60 years old. I am now 69, so my age then is just a guess.

Making T-Shirt Pillows
Making T-Shirt Pillows
Crafts SewingNovember 16, 2009
Neckties Tied to a Wooden Dowel
Making a Pillow Case Using Neck Ties
Keepsake Gift Ideas
Keepsake Gift Ideas
carseat pillow
Making a Child's Handle Pillow
patchwork teddy bear
Making a Keepsake Teddy Bear
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:05:45 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.