Getting Rid of Moths

I display pretty cobalt blue glassware in the windows. In winter, I fill the glasses with water for added humidity. When I take the glasses down to clean hard water deposits and dust out, sometimes I find drowned wool moths. What a safe, handy, and non toxic way to control wool moths. No stinky moth balls or sticky traps that can catch poor spiders (I gently catch spiders and put them outside. Spiders are helpful).

Here is a photo - don't get grossed out. I cleaned it afterward by soaking with vinegar, water, and a drop of dish soap. Try it with inexpensive colored glassware from thrift stores or church rummage sales.

By ohiogirl from OH1

Clothes moths? Probable India or Indian meal moths. Find web debris and what looks like maggots in some grain products sitting around? They multiply in groceries with flour in the ingredients. Bird seed is another favorite.

Wow, I have never heard of this. What a cool idea. I have a pretty annoying moth problem and I am definitely going to give it a try.

An up close photo of a moth.
Getting Rid of Moths
Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsApril 19, 2011
Indianmeal moth
Getting Rid of Pantry Moths
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Getting Rid of a Moth Infestation