Where Can I Plant a Weeping Willow?

I am interested in planting a weeping willow near a saltwater bulkhead. As it matures could it break the bulkhead? The bulkhead is old and has some cracks in it.

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By Betty from Gig Harbor, WA

Weeping willow roots are very strong and they head to the nearest water source right away and will go through water pipes if they are weak and then it is a mess trying to deal with all the damage all the time, but they are beautiful though. My parents had them and we were always cleaning/roto rooting the roots out all the time. That is why I wont have one, but I am considering growing one in a huge pot, but it wont grow very huge though! Robyn

I don't know what a bulkhead is, but I remember as a child my Mom the Gardener said never to plant them by a septic tank; the branches under the tree seek a water source and will clog your septic tank. Sorry, wish I had more to offer. Good luck!

Photo of a large weeping willow tree.
Growing a Weeping Willow Tree
Home and Garden Gardening TreesApril 24, 2010
Buying Weeping Willow Trees
Pussy Willow Plant
Starting a Pussy Willow Plant from a Branch
Photo of a large weeping willow tree.
Starting a Weeping Willow Tree from a Cutting
🎉
🎄