Use Ladies Shirts as Girls Dresses

contest winner icon

This is a photo of my 2 granddaughters wearing their new "dresses." The girl on the left is almost 3 years old and the girl on the right is age 4. They both wear size 4 clothes. Their dresses are actually ladies shirts, size small, that I got brand new off the clearance rack in WalMart for $1 each! I didn't have to do any sewing for them to fit. They tie around the neck like a halter top and the waist has a string to gather it in (I actually gathered it tighter after the photo and it fit better). This style of shirt is a perfect dress for little girls!

I actually got the idea when I was at the Goodwill and found an adorable turquoise and white top (similar to these) that was a junior size 10, but had accidentally been put on the kids $1.99 rack. It has an elastic waist and fits both girls perfectly as a dress. As they grow taller, they can still wear them as shirts,with pants, if they stay in style. This has opened my eyes to a whole new possibility on clothes for my grandkids!

By Lyonpridej from Tulsa, OK

No photo!

What a neat idea. Good going Grandma!

I didn't see a picture.

I don't see a photo either, but I promise I loaded one & it showed up in the preview. Will try again & see if it turns out, it's showing in the preview again.

Ok, so I posted it & am now editing it, the photo showed up, just like before. Maybe it got lost between the time I submitted it & Thriftyfun posted it?

Please send photo.

Hi lionpridej, I just now sent an email to TF to say there was no photo showing and came back here to make a comment that I would check back in later and 'voila' you just posted a comment with the photo. :-)

What an adorable idea and adorable dresses and absolutely adorable grand girls!

Really neat idea. Adorable granddaughters too. They look as pleased as you are about their "new dresses".

Thank you for sharing.

Thumbs Up.

Mismachado

What a great idea! Your grand daughters are just precious. What sweet smiles they have. I bet they love their grandma too.

Gorgeous!

( Shhh! Don't tell WalMart -they'll put the price up).

Marg from England.

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler AdviceJune 22, 2010
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
Bride wearing her wedding dress.
Why Do We Keep Our Wedding Dresses?
A clown dressed in red balancing cups on their head.
Making a Circus Performers Costume
🎉
🎄