Dog Jealous of New Puppy

I have a 6 year old Manchester terrier and have just got a 12 week old staff pup, the older dog snaps at he pup when he goes too near him but not all the time. He tries to lay with him but he growls badly at him, I try to pet them together but the older dog growls at the pup when I do. Is this jealousy and will it settle down when they get used to each other? What is the best way to deal with it?

Gillcoppen

Keep them separated for now. Keep the puppy gated in the kitchen or in his crate. When you play with the puppy, put the 6 year old in the kitchen or his crate. Let them observe from afar for now, for at least a week. You'll know when they're ready to be put together.

thi is the older one telling the little one ah this is my house and i run it here you need to know that dogs live and need to have PACK LIFE and YOU ARE THE #1

not him!!! you need to make him know yo are the alpha not him.and that your partner is next then kids then him and then the other puppy.if you want to get more help from me please write me and i will help you ok i am at tlcdsfitm AT yahoo.com

darcey fitrakis

Pets Dogs Training AdviceMarch 19, 2008
Chihuahua puppy
Puppy's Ears Aren't Standing Up
A girl holding a new puppy.
Helping a Puppy Adjust to a New Home
photo of a black and white puppy
Choosing a Puppy
A cat and a puppy.
Introducing a New Puppy to a Cat
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 6:18:12 PM on 10.0.1.143 in 939 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.