Grocery ShoppingShopping

Keep a Cooler in Your Trunk for Errands

Keep a cooler, any kind, in your car winter or summer to keep frozen food frozen, and to keep perishables, fruits and vegetables from freezing or becoming too hot. I use the really thick styrofoam ones that meat is sometimes delivered in. They are lightweight but very thick and well insulated. But any type of cooler is a plus for transporting valuable food items, especially if you have to make unplanned stops on the way home, such as the gas station or library etc.

Also good for storing DVD or VHS tapes so as not to melt in the hot summer sun in your car. A lock can also be fashioned with holes drilled on the latch to prevent loss even if car is left open.

Source: I thought this up all by myself!

By Susan from Lawrence, KS

Here's a great idea for when you have many errands to run on a hot, summer day. Keep a cooler in the trunk of your car and when you buy meats and milk at the grocery store. Simply slip them inside the cooler to keep them at an acceptable temperature for your journey home.

By Harm0ny

Answers:

Keep a Cooler in Your Trunk for Errands

I use those thermal bags with handles that snap together. They take up alot less room in my trunk. I got mine at Walmart for a couple of dollars apiece, but I have seen them at other grocery stores, too. They are usually near the bagged ice. (09/15/2004)

By Molly

Keep a Cooler in Your Trunk for Errands

My company makes refridgeration units for the trunks of cars for this specific use. Works great. Ice Cream, Milk, frozen foods all stay ice cold until you get home. Even makes it possible to take the long way home from the grocery store on a hot summer day. (12/03/2004)

By