Selling Tips

"Everything is 50 Cents" Garage Sale

If you aren't selling a lot of high-priced items at your garage sale and want to go the low-maintenance route, have an "Everything is 50 cents sale (unless otherwise marked)". You don't have to price items unless you want to sell them for more, and it's a good marketing tactic to use on your signs and other advertising, to get people to your sale.

By Britt Y. from Boston, MA

I LOVE cheap sales , I really hate going to sales where the prices are so expensive that at the end of the day they can pay their house payment......that irritates me a lot if you are selling it that means you don't want it and if you don't want it and price it so high that at the end of the day they will just drag most of it back in their homes ........not very smart!!

To get rid of the misc. little kid plastic toys from mixed up sets, my friend would place a bunch of them in a bag and tag it $1.00. Or less.

Re: Re: wvrdnkwmn's comment: I really hate going to sales where the prices are so expensive that at the end of the day they can pay their house payment.

ROFL! These are the same people who print out copies of eBay listings of some doodad that someone is trying to get 199.99 for ( that they also have on a table).--and leave out the fact that although the eBayer was asking for that much--it didn't sell there, either.

Good rule of thumb is: if you paid $30 bucks for it five years ago--it's worth about $10 on eBay and $3-5 at your yard sale. Or less.

If your close to Salisbury, Maryland then I'll be there :) I love the .50 tables!