Candlewicking Instructions

I would like to know how to do candlewicking and are there kits I could buy?

Juanita from Mount Ulla NC

I did a google search - I entered "candlewicking instructions" and got several sites. Try it. My sister still has some candlewicked pillows that I did many years ago and they still look nice. I may try some again. It was real easy. Good Luck.

Annie's Attic magazine used to have some instructions for small candlewicking projects. Perhaps you can find some in the archives.

Hi Juanita,

I candlewick all the time. Take a piece of muslin or an old sheet. Draw or trace a pattern that you like. Buy crochet cotton in a color you like and make french knots, one next to the other covering the entire pattern. I make 18" X 18" panels and sew them into quilts. They really turn out great!

can i sew together with the batting and how to join the block together with the batting

Crafts NeedleworkJune 10, 2007
Crushing Ice With a Blender
Making a Crochet Pattern Book
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo