Using nonstick cooking spray, ground turkey, and no added salt helps to make this classic dish heart-healthy.
1. Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat over high heat.
2. Add turkey; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Drain fat and discard.
3. Stir in tomatoes with their juice, green pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover; simmer for 15 minutes more. (If you like a creamier sauce, give sauce a whirl in your blender or food processor.)
4. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in unsalted water. Drain well.
5. Serve sauce over spaghetti.
Yield: 6 servings--Serving Size: 5 oz sauce and 9 oz spaghetti
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Sodium: 280 mg
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!