Recipes Using Eggplants

I am getting a bunch of free eggplants. Besides Parmesan, any recipes? Also, can it be frozen? Thanks.

By msmin from Bonaire, GA

I've tried freezing eggplants, not crazy about it when I unthawed them to cook.

Type the words eggplant recipes in the search box.

Some friends of ours in south Lousiana used to peel them, cut them into cubes, season with a little salt, and boil until done. Then they would let it cool, and freeze in zip bags.

I asked them why---they use it for stuffing in place of bread or crumbs. You can use the thawed cooked eggplant to stuff pork chops, chicken breasts, bell peppers, cabbage leaves, anything. They said to season it to taste when you are making the final product. It is better for you than just plain bread stuffing, or rice stuffing.

My Hubby won't eat an eggplant any other way.

Tasty eggplant dip:

Peel and cube 1 med eggplant

Add 3 - 4 T. lemon juice

Microwave high 7 mins (covered)

Stir, microwave 7 more minutes

Mash to taste. Lumpy? Smooth? Whatever!

(I rough mash, use wand blender on about half)

1/2 chopped green pepper

1/2 chopped onion

1 diced roma tomato.

"enough" olive oil

twice the salt you think you will need

Toss. Taste If it's not delicious, it needs more salt

Ratatouille (?) not sure of the spelling. Can find recipes on

I grew up eating fried eggplant. My grandmother would beat a couple eggs and dredge eggplant slices through then she would dredge them through a mixture of 1/2 flour and 1/2 cornmeal. Then she would fry the slices in hot oil in a cast iron skillet until brown. Yummy! This is a fattening way to prepare them though. I like to cut an eggplant into small cubes, saute in olive oil and then add to my spaghetti sauce instead of meat. Hope this helps. Bon apetite!

Wash and peel the eggplants. I usually use two. Cube them. Put them in a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Use one large can of diced tomatoes. Dice is small onion. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 350 for about 45 mins. - 1 hr. Fork test to your desired softness. When done, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Very cheap, easy and good. You can freeze this, but don't put the cheese on until after it is defrosted.

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesMay 22, 2009
Vanilla Ice Cream With Mint on Top
Recipes Using Mint
Two crossed candy canes and a tree shaped cookie cutter.
Recipes Using Candy Canes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants