Can I Harden the Bristles on an Electric Toothbrush?

How can I harden bristles on an electric toothbrush?

By Nancy from Wood Ridge, NJ

I don't know that you can do that; however most electric toothbrushes offer "refill" brushes in a variety of bristle firmness. You should ask your dentist, however, as most dentists don't recommend any other than soft! Scrubs the enamel right off the teeth. and if you're over 30 and your gums are not in perfect health, they may have pulled back slightly above (or below, on the bottom) the strong enamel part of the tooth, and the exposed top or bottom of the tooth is much softer and more vulnerable, and you can grind grooves into them. (If you're trying to whiten your teeth, there are toothpastes that can do that.)

As Jilson said, it's best to purchase soft bristles and if your bristles are simply worn out there are brush refills readily available at your local pharmacy at a very reasonable price for a pack of two or three. :-) I've had my electric toothbrush for over three years now and love it!

closeup of electric toothbrush
Using an Electric Toothbrush
Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 21, 2010
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Saving Money on Your Electric Bill, Money and Light Bulb on Top of Electric Bill
Saving Money on Your Electric Bill
Child's Toothbrush
Decorating Your Child's Toothbrush
🎄