Make A Hooded Towel - Great Gift For Kids

This is a great (and cheap) gift idea for kids. All you need is a towel and a washcloth. In a pinch, I have even used one of our old bath towels and wash cloths when I needed a last minute gift. The cloth and towel should match or coordinate.

Center the washcloth on the center of one of the long sides of the towel. Sew attaching it to the towel. Next, bring the loose ends of the wash cloth together and sew forming the hood.

This takes less than 5 minutes, and you only sew 2 straight lines. Great beginner sewing project. I bought a plain white towel at Wal-Mart this week for $1.20 and a matching washcloth for 75 cents.

You can then embellish your hooded towel with ribbon, rick rack, etc. I also took some scrap fabric and applied heat n bond to the back. I then took a washable marker and traced out my daughter's name. I cut out the letters, peeled off the paper backing and fused them right onto her towel. Similiar personalized hooded bath towels sell on other web sites for $20 - $40.

Beth from IA

Hey that would make great b/d, Christmas presents too when money is tight.......good idea thanks

cool idea

Thanks for the idea! I wonder if it would work well with using a hand towel instead of a wash cloth. I'll have to try.

I made a hooded towel like this before by attaching a washcloth but the hood was way too small for my 10 month old. If you have a larger baby I definitely recommend this site: http://www.breakitdowndesign.com it has sizes for small babies up to toddlers. Also lots of photos, I'm such a visual person really and need to be shown.

Sandy

I had read on another site that you use the wash cloth for about new born to 2 years and a hand towel for older kids/adults. and if the hand towel is to large you can cut it short to the size you need. I think this is a really great idea, especially if you have an embroidery machine and do special things.

Baby in Hooded Bath Towel
Making a Hooded Bath Towel
Crafts SewingSeptember 16, 2005
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Lavender towel gift set.
Towel Gift Ideas
Towel Holder
Making a Kitchen Towel Holder
🎉
🎄