Confetti Targets For Potty Training

For Moms with little boys. I read a tip by someone regarding potty training their little one and it reminded me of of a time long ago when I was trying to graduate my young son from the potty to a stand-up position. He loved being a "big boy" like Daddy but his aim wasn't good and I was washing down the toilet and wall several times a day.

I figured that if he concentrated on his aim that all would be well and I was right. I bought a package of colored paper confetti (the kind they throw at weddings) and placed it in a plastic bowl on the toilet tank. Every time my son needed to do his stand-up business, I dropped a pinchful of the colored confetti into the toilet bowl and encouraged him to "sink the battle ships". It worked and within a week, most of the extra cleaning was eliminated.

Here's the cute part. My son remembers this time in his life and bought paper confetti "battle ships" for his own son.

By Wilhelmina from Amherstburg, ON

You can use Cheerios too, which more people might have on hand anyway. They also dissolve for those who have septic tanks.

lol! This idea is adorable and priceless, no matter what you use as "battleships!"

That is cute. We also used Cheerios, I noticed that Toys R Us now sells little shaped things for this purpose, too.

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler Potty TrainingNovember 18, 2009
A child's feet sitting on a toilet during potty training.
Potty Training Your Child
Toilet Paper Tube Confetti Launcher
Making a Paper Tube Confetti Launcher
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog
Cloth Diapers
Uses for Cloth Diapers