Re-shaping a Leather Jacket

I have two new leather coats that were hung on hangers for over a year and now they have "bumps" in the shoulders from the hanger. Is there anyway that I can remove these stretched out bumps?

By Chevy Gal from Ottawa, ON

Answers

I found this on Yahoo Answers, hope it works for you!

Use the narrow end of your ironing board to drape the coat over. Heat the leather with a blow dryer on moderate heat and gently manipulate the leather flat and then place heavy books on it. You may have to repeat the process (it took me 3 times of doing this), but they eventually lay flat.

May 19, 2009 Flag

My leather coat was hung incorrectly on a hanger all summer. It now is stretched and has a bump in one spot. How do I fix this?

Suzy from Denver, CO

Answers:

Re-shaping a Leather Jacket

I don't know if this will work for a bump, but several times I have left my leather coat lay without folding it and then it was full of wrinkles. I put it in the dryer for just a few minutes. Just until the dryer warmed up and the wrinkles came out and didn't harm the jacket. (10/15/2007)

By Puttertatsmomros

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingMay 19, 2009
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Girl wearing a leather jacket.
Caring for a Leather Jacket
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄