How to Clean Paint Stains on a Leather Jacket

Category Leather
Removing paint stains on a leather jacket needs to be done properly so as not to damage the leather and its finish. This is a page about how to clean paint stains on a leather jacket.

How should I clean a sheep skin leather jacket? My black leather jacket (sheep skin) has been stained by house paint dust and 1 small drop of paint. I don't know how to take it out without a mark left behind. Please help. Thank you.

By Deuan from Sathorn, Bangkok

Answers

Best Answer

You must be very careful cleaning it. I have a coat made of 100% sheepskin and know how hard it is to clean. You need to buy a leather and suede brush and spot eraser. They sell them in some supermarkets, and they will have them in any shoe store or shoe repair shop. That is the only thing I can think of that won't distroy your coat. Other than that, you will need to take it to a furrier.

How do I get paint off of a leather jacket?

Leanne from Scarborough, Ontario

Answers:

Hot Water

Hot water worked great. All I did was, use just hot water from the tap and rub lightly. It came off easily. Thanks for the help. (12/03/2008)

By Matt S

Alcohol and Baby Oil

I bought a high end purse secondhand at a very steep discount, due to the fact that it had a small paint splatter, on one of the bottom corners. I'm not sure what type of paint, it looks like the type for painting interiors. It is made of a rough, textured black leather.

Here's what worked for me: I used isopropyl alcohol, applied it with a Q-Tip and wiped the excess alcohol off with a clean cotton ball. Then I went over the affected spots with a cotton ball soaked with baby oil. Then I cleaned the excess baby oil off with a clean cotton ball. Looks like new! You cannot even tell that there was "damage" to the affected areas. (01/31/2009)

By It works!

How can I get paint off a leather coat?

By william from Tampa, FL

Answers:

Paint on a Leather Jacket

You could try turps. I do not think it would do anything to the leather, but I would read up on it first. (01/04/2010)

By Mike

I have my wonderful leather jacket that I love to wear all the time. But, it has this pink paint stain on it. I tried every possible solution to take it off, but nothing worked. Can any of you guys help me out here?

Ben from Ottawa, Ontario

Feedback:

Paint

If none of these solutions work, try finding a fabric paint that closely matches the color of the leather, and just paint over the stain. Not a perfect fix, but something I've used in the past when a stain just can't be removed. (02/24/2009)

By Melanie Jackson

Vinegar

How about vinegar? Or an ink eraser? (02/24/2009)

By Cheryl

How do I clean white paint off a leather jacket? I don't know what kind of paint it is.

Try using plain isopropyl alcohol. If it is latex (or acrylic) is should help in dissolving the paint. I dropped some lime green acrylic on a good pair of Levis and didn't notice it until the next day.

How can I remove paint from my leather jacket without damaging the jacket?

By clarence from Durham, NC

In These Pages
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherJune 17, 2017
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf409648.tip.html