Saving Money On Tights

Buying Tights for school uniforms is just far too expensive, especially when your teacher's are far too strict! for example my Headmistress told me to throw away and not wear these tights to school again, just because of one small ladder! Nicola Does anyone have any tips for saving money on tights?

Use clear fingernail polish to stop runs from getting too long. Especially if it is above the skirt bottom. I've had holes in the top of my tights but they haven't gone below my skirt so they look as good as new.

lets say you run one leg of a pair and one leg of another pair,,,cut off the bad ones and wear both!!

Buy dance tights in neutral color-the kind dancers wear with leotards. They last a lot longer.

When you buy new hose, wash them in warm soapy water, rinse and freeze them overnight in the freezer. Freezing the hose does something to stregthen the fibers in the hose.

Ha!

shave your legs, and paint a line up the backs like they did in the war era,

and yeah- dance tights last forever

Tights and opaque pantyhose in the 70s were made from 100% nylon -- not the "velcro" feeling lycra or microfibe they use today. Practically ALL the girls I went to school with wore tights or pantyhose everyday, especially tights. I never noticed runs in tights. The tights in the 70s seemed to last a long, long time without runs, or "ladders" as you call them. Lots of girls wore Danskin brand tights, and they would never run. You might want to see if you can buy some vintage tights on Ebay or at thrift stores. I've even seen people unload their old tights at garage sales. Tights generally last a heck of a lot longer than typical pantyhose. I'm surprised that you are getting runs in them so easily. You'd be in big trouble if you were wearing regular pantyhose! Believe me.

put on cheap fabric white gloves to keep from snagging while putting the hose on. Make sure your toes are clipped and filed ---- even lotioned up?

cut the old toes out of old hose to be thrown away and then slip over toes before new hose goes on.

I've heard of a way to strengthen the fibers by soaking them in salt water. I believe it comes from the Morton Salt Company.

yeah big problem, them tights. well if you get the opaque ones when they ladder its not as easy to spot and you are following the school rules!

Years ago, a freind showed me hair spray to stop my run. It worked.