Prefilling Coffee Filters

My fiance came home one day and got out the coffee, filters and canister. He said he was in line at 7-11 and noticed the attendant filling up the coffee filters then stacking them aside. Soooo, we now do the same thing. We put the coffee in the filters then stack them in the canister, and they are all ready for coffee the next time we need to make a pot. Sure is nice to have them ready and waiting!

By Jackie from Orlando, Florida

I do this all the time. I always get my coffee ready the night before. I put my water in and the coffee filter and then start it in the morning. Much easier than having to do all that in the morning half asleep. I don't use my timer as I get up at different times. Tastes just as good.

I used to work at StarBucks and they did this as well for their "Coffe of the Day". They stack the pre-measured filled filters on top of each other in a tall coffee can type container. Makes it so much easier!

Am I reading this right? You're not saying that you mean to prefill many filters until ready to use for several days? The coffee shops use coffee as fast as they can make it. Families usually don't. Coffee tastes best when fresh, right? There's a little effort saved by doing it the night before, but I'd think it might get dried out/a little stale, if stored a few days or a week in advance?If placed in an air tight container, I see no problem, nor a great deal of time saved, as well as a LOT of difficulty getting the filters out without spilling? God bless you. : )

I am wondering about coffee grounds that might stick to the bottom of the filter and then you would have grounds in your coffee. I am not a coffee drinker but my husband is and I just prepare it the night before. As far as losing flavor? I have no idea but he has never complained.

I pre-fill all the time. I have two containers from Tuppereware for coffee. I set out 10 coffee filters, fill them and then stack them in the one container. They're ready to just pop into the coffe pot which I always set up the night before. And no I have never had grounds stick to the bottom of the filter. I like the bulk assembly. Beats doing the step by step thing every single night. Saves time and effort!

A great idea for those who are still working and want to save some time in the morning.

Coffee Filter on Brown Background
Storing Coffee Filters
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsMay 11, 2007
Making Coffee Tips and Tricks
Pleated paper coffee filter
Separating Paper Coffee Filters
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters
🎉
🎄