Homemade Dandruff Treatment

Here's a recipe using cider vinegar to help treat dandruff.

• 2 tsp. dried thyme
  • 2 tsp. dried rosemary
  • 2/3 cups water
  • 2/3 cups cider vinegar

Directions:

Put herbs in a Pyrex (or other heatproof) bowl or casserole dish. Then add 2/3 cups boiling water and cover. Let sit for 15 minutes and then strain the mixture, ou can use cheesecloth to strain. Gunnel the liquid into a bottle with a tight fitting lid and add the cider vinegar. Shake well. Massage a small amount into your hair after you shampoo.

Aren't there any other homemade dandruff treatments? I mean, all sites say to do just that. But it has no effect on my scalp. I still have terrible dandruff. What now.

Take egg yolks, mix with curd and form a paste. Then apply to the hair roots. Let it be there for 15-20 minutes! Then wash off with a mild shampoo.

Arent there any remedies where the ingredients are very common?:??:

Non coloring henna shampoos treat dandruff tremondously.

Put some kind of oil on your hair once a week. Let it stay over night, help with dandruff, good luck.

My children suffer from cradle cap like dandruff, thick and tends to get very itchy so I started to gently rub a soft bristle brush over the top and the sides and back of their heads. This releases the dry scalp and flakes off.

After brushing I then massage moisturizing hand & body lotion into their scalps. They leave this on for one hour then shower it off with Head & Shoulders. It works great for them. They are 11 and 13 years old and it helps give them nice hair. I've used it on myself from time to time when it is to dry in the house and my head itches.

Really, a bottle of Selson Blue will do it right away. You have only to use it once a week to keep the dandruff away. Most dandruff is caused by yeast. The bottle of Selson Blue will last for months using it only once a week. It puts a shine on your hair too.

I read the following treatment years ago and it has worked for my family every since. First thing when you shower, lather up your hair with shampoo. Wash yourself, then rinse the shampoo out thoroughly. Condition your hair, and rinse. We haven't had dandruff in over 15 years. I say this because my youngest daughter is 15 and she has never had dandruff in her life.

I am a firm believer in Head and Shoulders. There is no need to do any exotic treatments with odd household products. If Head and Shoulders doesn't do the trick, you move on to brands such as Selson Blue or other shampoos that you find in your drug store that are specific for dandruff. Some work better than others on your particular dandruff. Consult with your pharmacist. There is no need to take preventative measures to "protect" against dandruff.

Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
Crafts Bath & BeautySeptember 1, 2004
A blister on a leg
Treating Leg Blisters
Veterinarian taking a blood sample from a cat.
Finding a Veterinarian That Accepts Payments
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds, Concerned Boy With Bloody Nose
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds
Kitchen Window Treatment
Kitchen Window Treatment Color Advice
🎉
🎄