Fabulous Dollar Section At Target

Target stores in my area have just introduced a fabulous dollar section, filled with tons of cute, inexpensive items that would make great stocking stuffers or Secret Santa gifts. For those looking to be especially thrifty this season, this new section is a great bargain. Normally you're hard-pressed to find a dollar section with high-quality merchandise, but Target's goes above and beyond expectations.

By Ashley

does anybody know if that's all targets?

of course, Target won't let the Salvation Army Bell Ringers stand outside their stores, so we refuse to shop at Target now.

I'm just curious about how much everyone who's boycotting them knows about them. Do you know what % of money goes to the actual intent? What are their executive's salaries? What if all stores allowed 5-10 charities to solicit money at the front doors? Do you think everyone would be o.k. with it?

Why are they the only one who's important? To many times people react with emotion instead of facts. I always research an organization before I donate. I definitely wouldn't give my money to a stranger, much less without any facts.

It was indeed wrong for Target to shun the Salvation Army charity kettles. Still and all...it is a store that has competitive prices and I like shopping there for bargains. There are plenty of kettles around town for donating if you so choose to do so. Or you can of course donate directly to the Salvation Army itself. They do a wonderful job for those in need. But Target offers a service to the community as well. Instead of making such a stink about everything...How about shopping Target for its savings and apply those savings to the Salvation Army kettle down the street? Let's put Christ back into Christmas and be charitable to all. Just one woman's opionion.

Wishing all a happy and blessed holiday season and warm wishes for the coming New Year.

There's plenty of other stores that sell as cheap or cheaper than target who are very friendly towards the Salvation Army. It really doesn't matter how much money target gives to charities...sometimes perception matters just as much. Gays were unhappy with the Army for the stance on benefits...I wonder how many gays happily took Salvation Army handouts after Katrina. Boycott target until the red kettles return!

I have never really cared for Target much and much prefer the prices and merchandise at Wal-Mart. I did not like hearing that Target wouldn't allow the Salvation Army to collect money in front of their stores. What a shame as the SA does so much good. That said, I have found some of those dollar items to be very nice but I do not think those items are any better than what's at other dollar stores. Also, I read perhaps at the news from my internet provider that Target is French owned ...that was what I read.

A few months ago Target had "Wash Day" Laundry Bags in their dollar section. (They had cute little clothes lines on the front of them.) Does anyone know where I could get more, or where Target gets their $1.00 items from? Thanks!

The Salvation Army is notorious for its discrimination against gays and lesbians. I realize this is a plus for many people, but makes me not want to give to them. Besides, anyone with a kettle can claim to be collecting for them, but who really knows how much of that money goes to charity. I give (a lot) to fair-minded charities with low overhead doing good work around the world -- Americares -- Look into it.

I was just curious when did the feedback for this tip/article become about the Salvation Army. It is about Target. I agree Target has a great dollar section. Mine is at the front of the store. I like it a lot too Ashley.

Another thing has anyone ever and I do mean ever asked out right if the Salvation Army is against gays. I tend to think that they would help anyone who needs it. Some of these feedbackers need to get a reality check and their facts strait before posting.

Target did not want kettles out, but during the holiday season, they are giving 10% of their profit to salvation army. That probably brings more money to the cause than loose change 1.00 bills!

I didn't know about Target's dollar section (thank you) and I just found out that K-Mart has a $1.00 (food) section where I've found some good quality/good tasting food, made in America! (To add my own 2-cents, I don't, and will never, shop at Walmart. Also, the food that I have bought at Dollar Tree has all been made in America.)

A woman wrapping Christmas gifts.
Christmas Gift Wrapping Tips
Products on Sale At Target
What Happens To Discontinued Products At Target?
A man holding a dollar.
Shopping at Dollar Stores
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed