Use Existing Thread When Changing a Hem

When hemming up a new pair of pants, I use the original thread from the pants to re-hem them. If you cut and pull the right piece of thread from the beginning (seam area) of the hem, you will wind up with a very long piece of thread. This is especially good for pants, that you don't have matching thread for in you sewing box.

By Val P. from Westhampton, NY

Ya know its a simple thing but I never would have thought of it. I will have to be more careful when pulling out thread. Pants in stores are always just a little too long. Thank you for the tip.

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips And Tricks
Crafts SewingNovember 3, 2008
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
Red Sewing Thread
Crocheting With Sewing Thread