Babysitting for Grieving Friends

I was raised to pay my respects when a death had occurred in a friend's family. We brought prepared food and beverages for the grieving family to give them more time to be with family and friends. I recently talked to someone who said she took foods only occasionally to the grieving families. What she mostly did was babysit for the family members who had small children, as it was very much appreciated as well.

That is a precious idea! So kind...

I have started giving postage stamps to the grieving people for those little cards one is expected to send all who have extended condolences of one sort or another.

When my dad died years ago my daughter's babysitter sat for her while I went out to make the arrangements and did not charge me for it. She also took all of my laundry home with her and washed, dried, folded, and returned it to me the next day. When her dad died I bought pizza for her and her son.

Also housesitting during the funeral is a very good idea. There are tuely horrible people out there who read the obits and break into homes while families are at the funeral.

You brought back memories of all the times my mother and her friends took care of friends children during all the things happening around a death.

One thing to remember these days is be sure to have someone in the house during the funeral. We had relatives who's house was broken into during funeral. It is also a must if you have wedding presents in the house during a wedding and reception. Anything in the paper can be taken advantage of. At one time I spent a lot of weekends doing this kind service. It wasn't for the money it was to protect people. If they paid good if not ok too.

These are some great suggestions. Remember the grieving friends and family in later weeks and on the one year anniversary is a thoughtful thing to do. The grief doesn't end after the funeral or memorial service is done.

A young woman grieving.
Helping a Grieving Friend or Relative
Better Living FriendshipAugust 27, 2007
A girl babysitting two children.
Babysitting Activity Ideas
babysitter with two kids
Saving Money on Babysitting
Child Playing at Summer Childcare Center
Ideas for Summer Childcare
Friends Celebrating Christmas
Celebrating Christmas with Friends
🎉
🎄