Organizing Craft Patterns

I love to sew, but one thing I don't like is trying to get the pattern pieces back into those little envelopes that have the pattern in it originally. I knew I had to do something. I went to an office supply store and bought some cheap file folders. I sew them along the sides then cut the pattern envelope to the size of the file folder and tape or glue it on the outside. It is so much easier to fold the pattern pieces to fit the file folder. I bought a file cabinet at an auction for $1.00 and I was set. No more frustration.

By Carole from Klamath, CA

I have the same problem and I solved it by cutting down one side and across the bottom of the pattern envelope. It makes a folder for the pattern pieces. I store these in plastic zip freezer bags. I can see the back of the envelope for yardage and notions.

Marty, I do the same thing.

Patterns in manila files with envelop in plastic bag taped to outside.
Storing Sewing Patterns
Organizing CraftsJuly 26, 2010
crafting supplies
Leewards Craft Patterns
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Organizing Craft Patterns
Organizing Craft Patterns
🎉
🎄