Leewards Craft Patterns

Popular craft patterns from Leewards can still be found, if you know where to look. This is a guide about Leewards Craft Patterns.

I too am looking for the Leewards Advent Calendar from the 1970s that is a Christmas tree made from felt on a white background with felt/sequin ornaments that hang on it - there's a candy cane, house with snow, panda bear, clown, rabbit, etc. It was the advent calendar I used as a child - would love to find a duplicate or the kit to remake if anyone has it. It would mean soooooo much to me! Thanks! Erin in NH.

ErinInNH

Answers

I made one of these in the 1970's too. My pattern wasn't directly from LeeWards but was a version of it. A couple of years ago I used this as a lesson plan for adults to take home to their children. I have the pattern somewhere. It is a green felt Christmas tree and on long piece of white felt.

We stitched down the tree and used striped grosgrain ribbon in rows to form the pockets for the ornaments. Along the bottom, we added a piece of ball finge to finish it off and made a pocket at the top to hang it from a small wooden dowel. The ornaments are made out of felt too. If you are interested, please respond and I will find it after the holidays and get it to you.

By Rabbithorns (Guest Post)

Just recently I saw a pattern for one just like it at JoAnn Fabrics. They had free handouts by the register with various projects and this was one of them.

By Pam Davis (Guest Post)

Lady Claire, I would love a copy of that pattern. My sister, brother and I made this with my Mom when we were growing up.

My Mom has misplaced it and I wanted to make it for their families again. My email address is pamdavis3474 @ juno.com (remove spaces)

By Ladye (Guest Post)

http://www.marymaxim.com has lots of crafts similar to Lee Wards.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

By amy and chad (Guest Post)

For those less talented... you can buy one through Restoration Hardware... www.restorationhardware.com or call 800-762-1005... they sell for about $60.

By Chris in IL (Guest Post)

Erin in NH - Wondering if you had any luck finding the LeeWards Christmas Advent Calendar pattern or any info about purchasing materials? I am also so hoping to re-make one I had as a child for my children. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

By kim (Guest Post)

i have been looking for this calendar as well . . . my family had it when i was a child & would love to recreate it for my girls.

did you have any luck finding a pattern for it? i would love to find it! thanks - kim and tom @ att. net (no spaces)

two full Lee Wards advent calendar kits from 1976 on ebay two weeks ago... both went for over $50 each. I want one as my dad lost the one my mom made.. but couldn't bring myself to pay that much for one.

By Pamela (Guest Post)

I have the calendar, my Mom made it for my children, definitely Lee Wards I have reproduced it 4 times so far. Ours is a green tree on long red felt. It doesn't have bear/house but great ornaments. I could send you a picture if you want. You would have the look and it would be easy to reproduce I just copied the original ornaments and attached the beads and sequins.

there were too many ornaments so I changed a couple to a package and a sleigh. You don't really need the kit just find pictures of things you like cut them out of felt and decorate the way you want to. My adult son & his wife use to fight over who put what on the tree. Now their kids get to do it.

By (Guest Post)

I made one in the 70's and fortunately still have it. This year I traced the ornaments to make patterns and with the help of my daughter have made three calendars for my grandchildren. If you could find a picture of the old calendar I'm sure you could duplicate it. How I miss Lee wards!

By khill (Guest Post)

Hi - if this is what you're looking for, I'm also interested in the patterns for the ornaments, (the puppy ate the camel and santa claus). I'd be more than willing to share dimensions, etc. 19Dec2008

My mother started this afghan over 30 years ago. She has lost the directions. Does anyone have any idea where we could find this?

Becca from MN

Answers

By Lily59 (Guest Post)

http://www.tomf  3180&mem=590 found this link on Google - there were others too!
I so miss the old Chicagoland Lee Wards! What a wonderful place it was!

Is the afgan kintted or crocheted, I have some knitted patterns that my match.
Can you post a picture?

By Wanda Rogers (Guest Post)

Freepatterns.com has many Ripple Afgan patterns, Please check here. They are all free

If it is crocheted and you know how to crochet, I may be able to help you. Just e-mail me at pgiles2283 AT windstream.net.

By Syd (Guest Post)

Do a Google search - "crochet pattern + ripple afghan", there are loads of sites to check out.

Couldn't find the pattern number you mentioned.

Hope you get it finished!

http://www.craftown.com/knit.htm
Free knitting patterns.http://freeknit  ns.blogspot.com/
Free Knitting Patterns & Project Galleryhttp://www.bernat.com/member.php
Bernat: Congratulations, New Member!http://www.stra  n_yarnssort.html
Free Knitting & Crochet Patterns sorted by yarn type - Crystal Palace Yarns Hope you find the pattern at one of these sites

I was wondering if anyone has the Lee Ward's reversible shell crochet afghan pattern. I would so appreciate having it. I made it about twenty-five years ago for someone and would love to make it for my daughter. She has had five miscarriages and has been blessed with a very special little girl who is due in July. I would just love to make it for her. Thank you so much.

By Rachel from La Grange Park, IL

I am looking for the directions for the Lee Wards Afghan Kit #1871. It is a cable knit afghan with fringe. It's probably 30 or 40 years old!

Does anyone know who Leewards suppliers were and if any of them are still in business?

By Rita

I am looking for an old Christmas Stocking pattern that I believe was put out by Leewards. My mom made them for us when we were little and has since made some for my husband and kids. Now that I have another baby in the house, she's lost the pattern!

It's double crocheted and the lettering and snowflakes are cross stitched on. She remembers that you could also cross stitch a Christmas tree on the front instead of the snowflake pattern. If anyone knows where I can find this pattern, I'd appreciate it! Thank you!!

Angie from O'Fallon, MO

Answers

By Therese (Guest Post)

I need this pattern, too! My grandmother made them for my entire family when I was little, and now I want to make one for my husband. I didn't realize that the original pattern had snowflakes, since she left them off of our's. So cute!

By Debbie M (Guest Post)

I would love to have this pattern if anyone finds it.
Thanks,
Debbie

Does anyone have the pattern for Leewards musical Christmas palace?

By Anne

I received quilt patterns from a 80 year old friend that got the quilt patterns from her mom. They are LeeWards pattern 8-9535 (Poppy) and Lee Wards pattern 8-9519 (American Beauty Rose). I received the printed colored material for the appliqués, but she did not have instructions for putting the flowers together. Would anyone have the instructions for these two patterns? I need to know how to put these flowers together and place them on a quilt. These are very old quilts and I would like to do them so I can give the completed quilt back to my friend as a gift from her mom. Thank for any information you can give me.

I am looking for a Leeward's beaded musical Santa's castle pattern. Does anyone have any ideas where I might get one?

I'm looking for the Lee Ward Mills Cinderella Slipper pattern or a photocopy of the pattern. I have the mold and a partial crocheted shoe that my mother started, but the pattern has been reduced to crumbs and unreadable. I would like to finish that one and my niece wants to make some shoes for her wedding. Thank you.

Does anyone know the manufacturer or distributor Leewards used to get their ornament kits?

By Rita

I am looking for a Lee Wards needle craft embroidery kit, that was made in 1982, called Playful Fox Pups. It was in catalog #111 and says to order from page 4. Does anybody know if this is still available somewhere?

By Kay

Are any of the old Lee Ward craft store patterns still available?

By Barbara from Concord, NC

Answers

Anonymous

If you go to eBay and Amazon to check periodically, you can sometimes find patterns there. Use their search engines to type "Lee Wards" and include the quotation marks.

Does any one have the Leeward Christmas stocking pattern? It was a double crochet stitch and then you could cross stitch snowflakes or a Christmas tree on it. Our whole family has one and I want to make one for our new daughter-in-law.

By keaisandlisa

How can I date a pattern that I believe is a Lee Ward's applique quilt top?

By Kathleen from Spring, TX

I am looking for the pattern that was a afghan stitch done in sections. Then you cross stitched a pattern of the English minute men on it and their stand. My godchild, who I gave it to is now 32 and still has it. I would like to make it for more children, but lost the directions. I came in a kit.

By Helen M

Here's the pattern I am trying to track down:

Lee Wards Creative Crafts Center
Shell Stitch Baby Afghan
Art. No. 06-36662
Finished Size: 36 X 48

I need the pattern or kit for this baby afghan. It was made with the following yarn colors: White, pastel green, pastel yellow, pastel lilac, baby blue, and baby pink.

The pattern was sold at Lee Wards from 1975 till the 1990s. I have eight months and counting down.

Could someone please help me find this?
Thank you,
Kathleen

Answers:

Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

Why not just wing it? Just use any shell type stitch and just vary the colors. This one is a split shell with dc in between (3 dc 1/2 shell on ends) alternating colors 4-2-2, 4-2-2 with a common border.

There are plenty of shell patterns available, just alternate your colors, using white as a primary and you'll have a one-of-a-kind gift.
(03/28/2005)

By beanygurl

RE: Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

Since I don't know what the afghan you're looking for looks like I can't be of much help, but I did find a bunch of free baby afghan patterns here:

crochetpatterncentral.com

Maybe one of those are close.
(03/29/2005)

By Peggy

Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

I had been looking for the Lee Wards reversible shell afghan pattern for about 2 years when I had almost given up hope of finding it when I stumbled across the pattern under a different guise.

I found it here: freepatterns.com You have to scroll down the page a bit, but it's called the "Opposites Attract Table Set" I've examined the pictures that come with the pattern and it looks exactly the same a the original afghan I received as a gift when my daughter was born.

The pattern calls for crochet cotton, but I'm hoping to replicate it in DK and scale it up to afghan size.

Hope this helps others who have been searching for the same pattern as I had. (06/16/2008)

By Diana