Looking for Lee Wards Knitted Poncho Pattern

I bought a kit of a knitted poncho. It was white with bulky yarn. The pattern was in black and brown like a ski pattern. It had the same junky or bulky yarn fringe. It had arm holes to. We moved and lost a box of my patterns and I don't have the poncho any more. Oh yes this was knitted. It was in a kit I purchased from Lee Wards and would like to find it.

Please help me.

Best Answer

It will be difficult to find this exact pattern but with some research you may find an almost identical pattern. If you know the year you had this kit that information may help you when asking questions.

• LeeWards was purchased by Michael's in 1994 but most of their inventory (according to Michael's) was distributed to their many stores as most of the LeeWards stores were closed.
  • Several years ago, I tried to obtain some information from Michael's about another LeeWard pattern and received a very nice reply stating they had no LeeWard records and could not help me. They suggested looking through pattern books for a similar pattern - which was a good suggestion but not one I wanted to hear.
  • Ad

• It never hurts to ask for information and Michael's may be more helpful now than in the past.
  • There is another on-line site that is highly recommended for "vintage" patterns but you may just have to look through their catalog for a similar pattern.
  • www.marymaxim.com/.../?cat=0&q=poncho+pattern
  • This is also a site that has vintage knitting patterns and a question to them might get an answer.
  • thevintagepatternfiles.blogspot.com/.../
  • LeeWards was a much loved company and ThriftyFun has received numerous question in the past so maybe you would like to read some of the responses.
  • www.thriftyfun.com/tf433372.tip.html

You can always search eBay or Etsy for similar patterns but it will not be an easy task.
Pattern books at Michael's or other craft stores may be your only hope.

Lee Ward's in now owned by Michael's. I would write to their customer service department and tell them what you want.