Making a Pot Holder With a Knifty Knitter

Category Looms
Your Knifty Knitter round or long loom are both useful for making potholders for your kitchen or to give as gifts. This is a guide about making a pot holder with a Knifty Knitter.

I was just wondering if there is a pattern for hot pads? Please let me know when you can.
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Sorry if your request has not been answered but it does appear the link Judy gave is for a round potholder.

I was wondering how to do a hot pad on this round knitting loom. Please let me know. Thanks.

Answers

I found instructions with a photo of the finished product here: kniftyknitterweekly.blogspot.com/.../how-to-knit-pot-holder-hot-pad-on...

It appears there are several round potholder examples shown on the web and even some You Tube but most of them are not really complete.

• Here is a comment from a past posting on ThriftyFun:
  • Use 100% cotton yarn (or the yarn will melt when it gets hot). Also: You may need to use 2 strands of yarn. You'll need to use the larger "knitter". ... Then, Knit it. When you've got it to the right size, flatten it (as if you were making a scarf) and with the same cotton yarn, bind the edges together, then add a loop to the top to hang it from. I always make my Hot-Pads double thickness anyway to prevent being burned.
  • I believe the link below has some pretty clear instructions and at the bottom of the page there is a link to a video.
  • goodknitkisses.blogspot.com/.../pattern-loom-knit-granny-round.html

How do I make pot holders with the Knifty Knitter?

Tps from Reidsville, NC

Answers

Use 100% cotton yarn (or the yarn will melt when it gets hot). Also: You may need to use 2 strands of yarn. You'll need to use the larger "knitter". ... Then, Knit it. When you've got it to the right size, flatten it (as if you were making a scarf) and with the same cotton yarn, bind the edges together, then add a loop to the top to hang it from.

I always make my Hot-Pads double thickness anyway to prevent being burned.

I would like to know how to make a hot pad using the Knifty Knitter round loom.

By Laurie L B.