Using a Knifty Knitter Long Loom

Category Looms
The Knifty Knitter long loom is very versatile. It is a great tool for crafters who are not skilled knitters or knitters looking for a different method for making projects. This is a guide about using a Knifty Knitter long loom.

This is a guide about patterns for a Knifty Knitter long loom. Knitting looms are an easy way to knit even if you are not an experienced traditional knitter.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

A Knifty Knitter is an easy tool to make a knitted blanket. They come in many shapes for different projects. This is a guide about making a blanket with a Knifty Knitter.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I purchased a set of oblong looms provocraft knifty knitter, and would like directions on putting together a blanket/afgan. I am tired of making scarfs.

Rebecca from Maine

Answers

By Shelli in Wisconsin (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I was at the craft store and found several pamplet-style booklets and Provo's book #3 has something they call a Carnival Throw - looks perfect for a baby. You could email me at kultgirl (at) hotmail (dot) com if you want a scan of it :)

Best Answer

I make strips like a scarf. I then sew or crochet them together.

Where can I get the actual instructions for the Knifty Knitter long loom?

By jayne brooks from Santa Rosa, CA

Answers

Best Answer

Walmart Super Center stores and maybe eBay.

Best Answer

I found my book for long loom instructions at Hobby Lobby store. You should be able to get it at any craft store.

I need help with the purple rectangular Knifty Knitter. The instructions of how to get started on this loom are impossible to understand. This loom doesn't have the rounded ends with a peg, just 18 opposing pegs. I can't find any videos on the web to help. Once I understand how to put on the yarn and knit the first row, I can take it from there. Thank you kindly!

Lorena from Salinas, CA

Answers

By michelle (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Yahoo groups has a few groups of knifty knitter groups. They are VERY helpful and have instructions, videos, books and free patterns as well as being able to ask others about problems and questions.

Just go onto Yahoo, then to groups and do a search for knifty knitter, and loom knitting.My first project was a dog sweater for my poodle. It was VERY easy to do.

Best Answer

I also have the puple rectangular Knifty Knitter - but mine came with an end peg. Perhaps you should contact the company about getting another peg?

Do you have any instructions on circular knitting on a long Knifty Knitter loom?

By Brenda from PA

Answers

Best Answer

I bought some "Loom Clips" for less then $4.00 that allow me to change the number of pegs on my long loom to any size I need. For instance, if your pattern calls for 18 pegs, you just put the loom clips on your long loom so that you have an 18 peg oval, and then you follow the pattern the same way you would for a round loom. Here is a picture of the Loom Clips.

amazon.com/Provo-Craft-Knifty-Knitter-Clips/dp/B001C5G4PW

How do you use the rectangular (purple) Knifty Knitter loom to do a single knit scarf?

By mattie from Spokane, WA

Answers

Best Answer

You just knit using one side. Youtube is the best place for videos that show how to finish off the end.

The first several rows on the oblong Knifty Knitter are too loose, even when I work with two strands of yarn at once. This makes it hard to join squares together firmly. Any suggestions?

By Teri J. from Greensboro, NC

How do I use a single knit on a long loom? The video supplied shows how to go about doing the first row, but fails to show how to connect the chains and cast off. Can you please help?

By Lisa from New Kensington, PA

I am looking for patterns for a long loom.

By jayne brooks from Santa Rosa, CA

I just started a honeycomb stitch scarf on my long loom and realized I don't know how to bind off this particular one. A video or instructions would be helpful. Thank you.

By Tina Landis from Sackets Harbor, NY

I am looking for video instructions on how to use the Knifty Knitter long loom series. Thank you.

By susan orozo from Las Vegas, NV

Answers:

Instructions for Knifty Knitter Long Loom

Go to www.youtube.com, and type in "knifty knitter long loom" in the search box. (11/12/2009)

By Patricia Eldridge

By susan orozo from Las Vegas, NV

Answers:

Cathi, at Walmart you can buy the working tool and needle for about $1.00. As far as patterns, videos are on you tube. Just type in loom knitting, and if you google 'Knitting Looms' you can find great free patterns. Enjoy. (03/05/2009)

By Jean

I lost the tool that came with my Knifty Knitter, and I have discovered almost anything works in it's place. I have used a knitting needle, dull scissors, a metal yarn darner sewing needle, and almost anything else I can dig into the stitches without cutting them or shredding them. You can find instructions on the internet by simply typing something along the lines of: Knifty Knitter, Loom Knitting, and Rake Knitting.

Also go to the Knifty Knitter website. Lots of information there. Or stop by your local library and see if they have any books that can help you. There are some good loom knitting books out there that the library may have. If they don't have the books, ask them about interlibrary loan. (03/05/2009)

By Sandra

Hi Cathi, I am sorry to hear that you got shorted when you bought your Knifty Knitter. I got mine at Walmart and did get a tool and pamphlet with it, so I am wondering if you got a returned item. Unless you can return it to where you bought it (which I am assuming you can't, since you got it on vacation), you will have to invest in a 99 cent tool and a 99 cent pamphlet. Anyway, the YouTube videos may provide you with better instructions. Happy Knitting! (03/05/2009)

By Sue Williams

What kind of store did you buy it from? If it's a national chain, you might take it to a local one and request another kit with the tool and instructions. I checked at my library and they had a knitting loom instruction book with lots of great photos. Best of luck on your projects! (03/05/2009)

By Awana Reese

Several years ago, I received a gift and when I went to open the box to use it (a few months later), there were no instructions. I just e-mailed the manufacturer, and they quickly sent me a set of instructions.

Even if they won't mail a physical copy to you, they might have a pdf of the instructions online. Can't hurt to ask! (03/24/2009)

By Lisa

Provo Craft makes Knifty Knitter. If you contact them, they should send you the needle, hook, and instruction booklet for free.

Provo Craft
151 East 3450 North
Spanish Fork, Utah
84660

Toll free# 1-800-937-7686
(04/28/2009)

By Joy

I purchased the long purple loom, and somewhere between my mother and my son, the instructions are missing. Can anyone tell me where to get instructions for it?

Cheryl

Answers:

Instructions can be found on the internet along with video's. Please Google Knifty Knitter looms. You will find lots of websites that have instructions along with free patterns that you can make with any of the looms. (01/28/2009)

By Debra in Colorado

I got mine for Mother's Day and could never figure it out. Then, yesterday, I went on to youtube.com and found a girl named Joccy who puts videos on that show you how. She's a young girl and she explains it perfectly! I actually finished a scarf today. Just go to youtube, search Knifty Knitter and you see Joccy. She has about 3 videos. Perfect!

(01/28/2009)

By Teree

I bought the Knifty Knitter long loom series and there was no instructions with it. I know I should be smart enough to do it without instructions but I guess I'm not.