AdviceGeneral Parenting

Create a "Clean Up" CD

Create a "cleanup CD". Have the family help get all the cleaning done while the CD is playing. Then when the music is done, you'll have a clean house.

Source: simpleanddelicious.com

By fdreese1 from Richfield, MN

That's not a bad idea. I tend to play games to get through cleaning, like washing 20 dishes on the commercials, picking up and putting away 20 things in each room before I have a cup of tea, etc. My daughter and I will phone each other and plan to talk again in 30 minutes after we have each worked on some goal for that length of time. Even if we don't finish, we will have made progress, and that sense of accomplishment really feels great!