Keeping Birds Out Of Boston Ferns

How do I keep the birds out of my Boston ferns hanging on my porch?

Wendy

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I let them in mine. They want to use them for nests and it's great fun to watch them raise their babies every year. Much more interesting than just a plant.

I hate those birds in my hanging plants! I bought fake snakes and placed them in the plants, but the birds figured out that was a hoaz and built nests ON TOP of the fake snakes. I ended up buying some chicken wire and making a "bubble" over the plant. Keeps them out fine. The problem with "letting" them build nests in the plants is that the highly acidic wastes kill most plants and is a SERIOUS health hazard. Yuck!!!!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlApril 11, 2005
Fern
Growing Woodland Ferns From Spores
Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
Protecting Grapes from Birds
dog food outside
Keeping Birds Out of Dog's Food
Copycat Boston Market Cornbread
Copycat Boston Market Cornbread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 7:49:58 PM on 10.0.1.224 in 801 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.