Keeping Birds Out Of Boston Ferns

How do I keep the birds out of my Boston ferns hanging on my porch?

Wendy

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I let them in mine. They want to use them for nests and it's great fun to watch them raise their babies every year. Much more interesting than just a plant.

I hate those birds in my hanging plants! I bought fake snakes and placed them in the plants, but the birds figured out that was a hoaz and built nests ON TOP of the fake snakes. I ended up buying some chicken wire and making a "bubble" over the plant. Keeps them out fine. The problem with "letting" them build nests in the plants is that the highly acidic wastes kill most plants and is a SERIOUS health hazard. Yuck!!!!

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlApril 11, 2005
Growing Woodland 
Ferns from Spores
Growing Woodland Ferns From Spores
Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
Protecting Grapes from Birds
dog food outside
Keeping Birds Out of Dog's Food
Copycat Boston Market Cornbread
Copycat Boston Market Cornbread
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:14:12 AM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.