Finding the Value of Boston Plastic Art Co. Figurines

Category Miscellaneous
It often requires some research to determine the value of mass produced plaster figurines such as the ones manufactured by the Boston Plastic Art Company. This is a guide about finding the value of Boston Plastic Art Co. figurines.

We have had this in the family for over 80 years. It is an Indian laying on his side. On the back it has a copyright of 1910, by Boston Plastic Art Co. Boston, Mass. Is it worth anything? I think it is like plaster of Paris.

By Billy from Lafayette, IN

Does anyone know what this is? For 46 years my family has called it the Cherry Boy. The markings on the back say, Copyright 1906 By Boston Plasticart Co. Boston, Mass.

By Kelly Duncan from Ottumwa, IA

Answers

Best Answer

Though your Cherry Boy has some age to him, that company mass-produced a lot of plaster household statuary ( and doorstops, both plaster and iron) in the early 1900's.

I sell a lot of vintage and retro things on eBay; if it were me, I would NOT take it to an antique store to sell it if that's what you'd like to do with it; they'd likely want to sell it between $35-$50 and would likely offer you somewhere in the neighborhood of maybe $15 for it in order to make a profit.

I think I'd run an eBay auction and put it up for bid at $24.99 and see what happens from there--that would be a fair price IMHO.

Best Answer

I have identical statue. been in family for 60+ years took to appraiser who could not identify.

Seems very valuable to me. had it retouched by professional antique restorer in Rochester. I think the value should be over $500.00.