Finding the Value of a Giuseppe Armani Figurine?

Category Miscellaneous
The value of a precious figurine can be found more easily since the internet has emerged as a great searching tool. This is a page about finding the value of a Giuseppe Armani figurine.

I have 3 Giuseppe Armani figurines. They all have characters like the one in the photo, older men. This one with the cello, one standing with an accordion, and one of a drunk older man slumped on a table. I found the name for the last one, it is "One too many". I would like to know how to find the names for the other two and what series this belongs to. Are there any collectors groups for this series? I know there are groups for G. Armani, but I want to know if there is anything specific for this series. What "finish" is this? Any information would be helpful. I would also like to find out how much they are worth.

Thank you!

Penney

Answers

Best Answer

Can you please post photos of the others?

I thought the one with the drunk man is called Night's End, so I am curious to see if you have one different than the one I know.

These are not, that I remember, and I sold lots of them when I worked at Hallmark, a series per se. There are numerous figures with the "old man" theme...like Nights End, there is an old man on a bench, an old man giving a boy a haircut, an old man darning socks, and so many more.

As for official names, unless there is a box or someone remembers the name (for some reason, I remember Night's End, but can't remember too many of the other names). When I research, I end up finding them by their topic (see above). When we sold them, we told people to keep the boxes, which clearly few people did.

With the box they are worth slightly more because you can get the official name and year. Sometimes they are listed as the Armani, sometimes they are other Capodimonte.

They sell (or don't sell) at a huge variety of prices. The cello figurine is on eBay now with an asking price of $29.39 so if he sells that will be the current market value.

www.ebay.com/.../273967781173?hash=item3fc9c09535...

The accordian figure is up right now It is asking 54 with a buy it now of 90. That will be the value if it sells.

www.ebay.com/.../223928473872?hash=item34232d5910...

I look forward to seeing more pix and perhaps I can help more!

PS, only a SOLD price gives you today's actual market value. Asking prices are only what the SELLER WANTS to get...sold tells you what someone is WILLING TO PAY! Huge difference in most cases!!

Thanks for asking.

Best Answer

I'm not sure but I believe the 2 musicians will generally be found under Capodimonte and not Armani (but many sellers will have both names).

www.ebay.com/.../113438050647?hash=item1a696f4957...

You might want to place a watch on these to see if they sell so you will have a current value to go with your pieces.

The "drunk" figurine is named "Night's End" and can be found in many places for sale but I did not see a sold listing for any of these so no way to presently place current value. He seems to be listed under both names.

You might want to check with Reproductions to see if they are interested in buying - if they are; they will give you a low figure but can also supply information about each figurine.

www.replacements.com/contact-us.htm

Pghgirl has given great eBay selling information but if you want links to the actual eBay sites they have some very good selling help articles.

www.ebay.com/.../start-selling-ebay?id=4081

www.thebalancesmb.com/important-tips-for-new-ebay-sellers...

I have this Giuseppe Armani figurine. Could anyone please tell me the identifying details such as title (I think it's children hitchhiking), the year made and item #?

I would like to get the value as I read it's a rare piece and old but that's all I know.

Answers

Best Answer

I am familiar with a piece that is similar to yours, but the coloring is bright and vivid, not matte and monotone like this one. I can't remember if it was called runaways or hitchhikers or on the road. It was from the early 1980s. The colorized one sells periodically at a price between $19 and $40--depends on the market, and the supply and demand at the time.

The color is what is confounding me on yours. I don't remember the brand using this type of coloring--so I wonder if you have either an homage piece (someone faked it) or it was this is sun damage or someone altered it.

I don't know every single piece by this brand, but sold hundreds of them when I worked in Hallmark stores from the 1980s-1990s.

There is a large online gallery that may be able to help you and tell you if you have a fake or a prototype or a painted piece. Their phone number is 1-800-206-3715. There is the website: www.thecollectionshop.com/armani_collection.asp

Please post back what you learn!! I am so curious!! Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer

If this is a true Giuseppe Armani figurine, it is possible this is from the 'terracotta' series.
There are some valuable pieces by Armani but the majority are valued at less than $100 and most are selling for much less.
These are usually not fast selling pieces.

The figurine with 'runaways' is of 2 young boys (supposedly brothers) hitchhiking with backpacks.
There seems to be only one figurine showing 'Hitchhikers' and this is not the same as your piece and does have a lot of coloring.

I would suggest you try to obtain information from Replacements for a start as they have a lot of Armani pieces.

www.replacements.com/contact-us.htm

You can also post pictures and questions on these sites.

www.antiquers.com/.../

instappraisal.com/forum

What is the value of this Armani crucifix? Where would be the best place for me to sell it?

Answers

Best Answer

Your exact piece has been consistently selling, sold, not asking prices, for between 76 and 96 dollars plus shipping. If you have the box and all paperwork and the piece is pristine you may fetch on that high end. No paperwork, no box, and/or any flaws, expect on the low end. eBay is the best place to sell f you are an experienced seller. Be sure to package it well....double box and oodles of bubble wrap and packing peanuts. If you are not an experienced seller, a local flea market or consignment store will yield less, but is the no muss, no fuss, no shipping way to go. Post back how your sale goes. Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer

On Etsy and eBay this piece ranges from $69 to $100 + shipping. Depending on where you live, maybe you can do a auction bid for a better price, sense it is popular!

Best Answer

The selling price determines the value of this item. So far people have sold this item for 70 to 100 dollars. Many people will add the shipping cost as an extra so they are not out the money to ship this to the customer.

Can anyone tell me anything about this piece? I am not sure if it's old or not.

Answers

Best Answer

That is a Giuseppe Armani Capodimonte figurine called"Girl Afraid of Mouse" :) Made in Florence, Italy in 1980. It's from Gullivers Travels.

Best Answer

They're worth about $200, by the way :)

Anyone know the name of this one?

Answers

Best Answer

I believe it is from 1991. I can't remember the official name.

I have seen them being listed several ways:

Bride and Groom

Bride in Groom's Arms

Love Forever (which may be the official name...I just can't picture the box) We used to see these when I worked at various Hallmarks and gift shops. I remember them all so well because we preferred they stayed in the boxes and not be displayed because they are so incredibly fragile and VERY HARD to dust :)

This used to be considered one of the "rare" ones since most were not colorized like this one. It was quite expensive when new.

I see people list them in the high $200s, but haven't seen one sell in a long time. Truly finding one with a sold price would give you today's current market value.

If you are selling yours, you could always start high and take best offer!

Thanks for sharing this lovely piece (PS, if you had the box and original paperwork, in some circles it would add up to $25 to the value).

I am interested to know more about this figurine, such as its title and value.

Answers

Best Answer

Your gal is just referred to as Guiseppe Armani Lady with Basket Country Girl Figurine 3153C

The one with the round base sold recently on eBay for 59.99 with free shipping, so the seller paid the shipping (netting probably 45 after fees and shipping).

Your exact gal with the square base is listed x 2 on eBay at the moment at significantly different prices (74.55 and 36.00) if either sell, that will give you an apples to apples match to your gal for value:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Guiseppe+Armani...

I wish I could remember the year they originated. Maybe the 1980s...hard to remember, they made so many. When we sold these at the Hallmark store we told people to keep the boxes as that would allow the owner to date the piece and increase the value.

Most these days are sold without the box. Guess no one listened :(

Thanks for asking!!

I bought these four figurines and after doing some research found they could be Giuseppe Armani. Can anyone confirm and also tell me if they are worth anything?

I'm looking for some advice please. I came across this lovely figurine whilst treasure hunting and noticed the GA initial. I've had a google search and found the same figurine by Giuseppe Armani, with a capodimonte mark and a little plaque on the base with his name on as well as his initial, but the figurine was painted in bright colours.

Mine is painted in much duller colours, I can't find a capodimonte mark and it has a Made in Italy sticker instead of a metal plaque. Is this a real Giuseppe Armani piece I've found please or is it a fake? And ideas of value in pounds sterling please?
Thank you .

Answers

There are many fakes out there. If I were you, I would take it to a dealer, who specializes in these things.

This is a very long link article, but it may be helpful to you:

www.figurines-sculpture.com/capodimonte-n-crown-pottery-mark...

It rings true to what I was trained on when selling capodimonte floral items back in the day...that capodimonte is a style that many artists have used over many generations based on 18th century original works.

To determine value, I would take it to a antique store you trust. My understanding is that a true 18th century original would only be seen in a museum..and 99.9% of what we see in the market are style similars by many, many artists and companies.

Like any other collectables, value can be all over the place, so someone who specializes in the style can give you the best answer. I wish I could be such an expert, but I am no where near.... maybe some day!

Please let us know what you find!

I would like to know if all Giuseppe Armani statues have plaques. I found a statue sitting on the common wooden base, signed with the G. Armani signature in the molding, but with no plaque. Is this possible?
Thanks.

I am looking for any info on this figurine.
Thanks.

This G. Armani figurine, in mint condition, was just passed down to me from my great grandmother. I don't know much about it, but I am very interested in finding any information out!

I can't seem to find this figurine online. Does anyone know how much it would be worth?
Thanks.

Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousSeptember 24, 2017
😷
🐛
😎
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-a-Giuseppe-Armani-Capodimonte-Figurine.html