Information About Figurine?

Information About Figurine?Hi, I am in need of help! I have been searching for any information about this cute item! I got it as a gift from a vintage fair stand about a year ago, but now due to the actual situation, I have to let it go. We're about to move and this new place doesn't have enough space to place a credenza to protect my items. Can anyone help me with material and the name?

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you so much!

Information About Figurine?

Information About Figurine?

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks
Best Answer

He is very cute. It is almost impossible to tell the material from a picture. The hole in the bottom leads me to think he is either ceramic or poured clay. He looks like a class project piece vs something store bought.

I say that because the paint job looks hand done.

I have been searching my greenware sources to see if I can find him. If I locate him, I will post back.

If you want to sell him, ask what you want to make for him and take best offer. Call him boy with ukulele sitting or lounging on woven chair. Be sure to include lots of photos. These are a great start.

Post back how your sale goes!

Answer this Question

2 More Questions

Just wondering if anyone knew what this was or had any information on it. Thanks.

A figurine of a coach with fancy people emerging.

A signature on the bottom of a figurine.

Answers

Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 320 Answers
Best Answer

I believe this is an antique "Fleetwood" Dresden porcelain figurine.

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
Best Answer

I am not familiar with this brand and I cannot find any history of the company online which usually means it is not a prominent well known company.

I did not see your particular piece online but after viewing several sites it appears the Fleetwood brand is very low in value and, although your piece seems to be better made, most pieces seem to be of poor workmanship compared to similar pieces with or without brand names.
Your piece, nor any other Fleetwood piece that I researched, had any mention of where (country) pieces were manufactured. No piece had anymore marks than yours - just Fleetwood.

I did see several pieces with statements like 'made in Japan' or 'Made in Germany' but no proof of that statement.
These inexpensive figurines have been in production since the 1930's and companies mass produced them and sent them to distributors in the US who sold to 5 & 10 cent stores so people could have low cost figurines that were similar to the high price figurines sold in the big department stores and jewelry stores.

These were particularly popular in the 50's - 70's.

Hopefully, another member will be able to supply better information so be sure to keep checking back.

Answer this Question

These pieces have been in the family for generations. I was told they were brought over from Germany. I am struggling to find any information on them or the mark on the back of each.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as We are looking to sell them. Thank you.

A decorative figurine of a woman.

A close up of the decorative carving on a figurine.

A decorative figurine of a woman.

Markings on the back of a decorative figurine.

Answers

Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
Best Answer

The DEP stamp on your figurines does not help in any way to identify the figurines. This mark is commonly found on German or French bisque dolls, celluloid, porcelain, jewelry, glass or metal goods. Dep stands for the German word Deponiert which means registered, or copyright. Dep is also a shortened form of Depose which is French for registered.

The stamp on your figurines is often confused with GH - Gebruder Heubach (translated as the Heubach Brothers) from Lichten, Germany, which is best known for bisque dolls and doll heads as well as a small number of collectible and expensive figurines.

You have bisque figurines made by Porzellanfabrik Schneider, Germany.

Based on a ducal concession, the businessman Carl Schneider (who had worked at the Wallendorf factory for some time) together with modeling artist Karl Unger and businessman Hermann Hutschenreuther founded their business in 1859. As Hutschenreuther was a sleeping partner, his name does not appear in the company name until 1885.
The name of the factory has changed slightly over time:
1859 until 1885 - Porzellanfabrik Unger, Schneider & Cie.
1885 until 1886 - Porzellanfabrik Schneider & Hutschenreuther

1886 until 1951 - Porzellanfabrik Carl Schneiders Erben
1951 until 1972 - V.E.B. Porzellanfiguren Gräfenthal
The V.E.B. Porzellanfiguren Gräfenthal was dissolved in 1972 and the defunct factory of Carl Schneiders Erben was finally closed 1973 after finishing the last figurines still made in 1972. www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/.../index.php

The stamp on your figurines was used between 1879 and 1886 (the common version with the 'Dep.' Addition) www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/.../index.php

Prices vary (excluding shipping costs) from $16 www.ebay.com/.../324256709974 to $400 (1800-1849, 9" h x 8" w www.ebay.com/.../123706512428):
www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=schneider+figurine...,
www.etsy.com/search?q=schneider%20figurine

You have very beautiful figurines. You didn't write the size of your figurines. I think the price of each is about $95-150 www.ebay.com/.../224122277695, www.ebay.com/.../324257281381 You can try to auction them.

Answer this Question

Consumer Advice Collectibles FigurinesMarch 3, 2021
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Information-About-Figurine-3.html