Value of Vintage Figurines

Category Miscellaneous
Collectible figures may or may not have value. To determine the value of individual figurines you will need to determine the artist, manufacturer, date of production, number made, etc. This page contains some additional considerations to take into account when searching for the value of your figurines.

I would like to identify the artist on this figurine. It is signed, but is mounted on a wooden pedestal so I can't see the maker's mark. Also, I'm not sure of the signature spelling.

Answers

I cannot make out the signature either. It is a Hummel-type of figurine. It is worth it to take it to a dealer.

It looks a lot like a Guiseppi Armani Capodimonte style figurine, but I don't recognize the signature. Is there a mark on the bottom?

Sometimes there are artists and the GAC mark is on the underside.

Is this Mary and Joseph holding baby Jesus or are they holding an animal? I tried to blow up the photo and it fuzzed out.

Sometimes if you take a piece of paper, place it over the signature and rub with a pencil you can get a better idea of what the letters of the signature are (IF they are indented).

How tall is it? Is it ceramic or resin? If it was GAC it would be porcelain.

Maybe with more info, I can help! Thanks! Post back with details.

Thanks for the information! The girl is holding a lamb, probably
18th or 19th century based on clothing, so definitely not Mary or Jesus. It is ceramic and I can't see the underside because it is on a wooden base which I don't want to remove. I purchase the figurine about 45 years ago, and was just wondering who the artist was and if they have done anything else.

Thanks for posting back with more info.

A lamb...now I see it! It was so hard for me to see it...old eyes.

I did more digging and am coming up empty. Which I am not used to. I am usually very good with IDing things like this.

Is the signature indented so that you can put a thin piece of paper over it and then lightly pencil over it? Sometimes that helps get a better picture of the letters. To me it looks like it starts with "Arr" or "Orr", but when I go through all of my sources for artist signatures, I am coming up empty. So either I am not reading it right or it is related to the other challenge that there is a whole contingent of collectibles where the figurines were "manufactured". What I mean is there was a factory and the "artist" was an employee. He/she probably sat all day hand painting and signing these items and may or may not have had other works. This was done to create the illusion of value. In most cases there is little or no record of these folks because they were more of an employee than an artist.

The ironic thing is in some cases the "artists" did become famous in their own rights after the fact. So I totally get it that you want to find out who made this piece.

There are thousands of figurines of courting couples with lambs so that wasn't a good route for my research just to see if I could firm the company who made it.

My last suggestion is to find a reputable vintage dealer in your town who may recognize the signature or be better able to read it in person.

I am so curious! Please post back when you get more info!!

These belonged to my grandparents. What would they be valued at?

Answers

Can you please post if they have markings? Approximate age (or age of your grandparents)?

What are they made of? It looks like the elephant is glass...but is it bisque or ceramic (bisque feels rough, ceramic smooth).

Is the hula dancer plastic or wood or resin?

What is the one in the middle--a slipper? Is it musical.

The challenge with IDing just from these front shots is there have been many similar items made over the years. With more info, I hope I can get you a better idea of values.

Thanks!! These are neat, but the way. I look forward to hearing what the middle one is!! It is interesting looking!

Millions of House of Lloyd figurines have been made to enjoy. Generally even if still boxed, they seldom generate more than 10 dollars in value.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

These popular sculptures have been been sold since 1978 in a variety of styles. This is a page about determining the value of Precious Moments figurines.

An old, rare Mickey Mouse figure can be worth quite a bit. This is a page about value of mickey mouse figurine.

This is a page about value of a plaster 'Nutty Grandma' knitting figurine. This unique plaster figurine is of a walnut shaped figure, sitting in an easy chair, and working on a knitting project.

Do you know anything about this figurine, such as the manufacturer, that could help determine it's value?

The value of a precious figurine can be found more easily since the internet has emerged as a great searching tool. This is a page about finding the value of a Giuseppe Armani Capodimonte figurine.

Figurines of all varieties are collectible. Their value depends on how rare they are and their condition. Here's some ideas about finding the value of Paula figurines.

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousJanuary 30, 2019
🎃
🌻
🎂