Identifying a Brass Cat Figurine?

Hello fellow users! I buy and sell home goods I purchase from Goodwill or Estate Sales. I recently purchased this brass (?) cat figurine from a Houston Goodwill, but have been unsuccessful in identifying its maker or anything about it to say the least. This figurine is roughly 5+ lbs, 3x4 inches. I do not see any etchings or engravings that would give me an idea of who/where it's from. Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Without ANY markings, it will be impossible to identify, unless you can find one just like it. I looked on Ebay, etsy, pinterest, and did a Google search. I found one on Ebay that looked almost like yours, except it was 6.5 inches tall and had blue eyes. The current price was $12.00, it was located in Portland, Oregon and the shipping to my location in central NY state was $12.90. Unless you get somebody on here that knows of one JUST like yours, I don't think you will ever get your questions about it answered. Good luck and stay healthy.

At 5 pounds, that is hefty. The hole in the bottom is puzzling. It may have been affixed to a base. The chips on the bottom are also puzzling as brass doesn't chip. The subject matter is still highly sought after. Mid century modern Siamese cats can sell well and I have seen unusual ones sell upwards of $100. If it was mine, I would take 12 amazing photos, and list it as a 7 day Sunday to Sunday auction. Start it at the least you would want to get and let the market dictate the final value. Be sure to fully disclose the flaws. Post back with an update! Thanks for sharing!

Your item looks like an Egyptian Cat Figurine but without any markings there's not much else you can know about the item. There are similar brass cat figurines on Etsy and various other sites. You could possibly use those as a way to assess the value of your figurine.

Normally brass is solid and there are no holes at all in brass. Furthermore brass doesn't chip like this one is chipping now. There is a brass color low fire glaze that a lot of people used to paint their projects with. I am thinking this isn't brass at all but a solid poured statue that has been painted with low fire glaze. If it was real brass you can tell the difference because brass is solid and it doesn't chip.

Such a 'demure' look but it appears the nose/nostrils' are not set correctly which kinda speaks made in India to me.
Not sure why the hole is in the bottom as that many times means the piece is hollow but if you are correct about over 5 pounds (?) it cannot be hollow.
The machine marks on the bottom also makes me think it was made on a machine as those are the marks a machine makes when metal is shaped and 'cut'.
It also appears there may have been a felt cover on the bottom that has been removed?

I believe you could just call her a Siamese cat and not Egyptian as most Egyptian cat statues have much taller very pointed ears.
I only found one cat that came close to this one and it also has the same type of hole in the bottom (2 cats but only one similar to yours). I feel sure these do not weigh 5 pounds although a little larger. It is unusual for the seller to post pictures of the bottom of their items.
www.ebay.ca/.../153441435546?hash=item23b9d27f9a...

You may be able to post your pictures on some of the collectible forum sites and obtain more information. Also, Reddit is an excellent site to post for information.

www.treasurenet.com/.../463808-i-collect-vintage-cat-figurines...
www.antiquers.com/.../

www.reddit.com/.../

This piece looks like it could be brass, or metal brass plated. Because of the weight it could fair a good price. Here are a few similar online. - www.ebay.com/.../153629920690?chn=ps&mkevt=711-213727... - Also this link can get you closer to a value , to place on your item for sale. - https://www.justanswer.com

Consumer Advice Collectibles FigurinesNovember 25, 2020
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-a-Brass-Cat-Figurine.html