Fading Leather Furniture

My leather sofa is fading. Any advice?

Latasha from Irvington, NJ

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

October 14, 2012 Flag

My leather sofa is fading, on one of my sofas on the armrest at the front where your hand would be if you know what I mean? On another sofa where your head would rest on it, it is also faded. I only bought these sofas last Christmas, about 11 months ago.

By Noel R.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'd like to suggest that you use something that drapes over the arm rest where the hand and elbow would lie. If you fix this problem, it sounds like it will return. Also, is the person who usually sits there using a product that would fade leather? Seems to me the rest of the sofa should fade, too - but it's not.

Have you tried contacting the store where you purchased the sofa? There might be a guarantee about color fastness, etc. especially since they are less than a year old!

Any chance it's under warranty? Or at very least, is the store where you got them still there? I would take some pictures and go in and show them. I can't imagine any normal wear and tear causing this in less than a year.

Get some paste shoe polish in the color that closely matches your sofa and apply. Let dry and then buff with a soft dry cloth. it worked on mine. old luck.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasJuly 17, 2007
Leather Furniture
Removing Water Marks on Leather Furniture
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Man's hands cleaning a leather couch.
Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 24, 2016 at 10:04:06 AM on 10.0.2.7 in 488 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.