Catch Spills When Measuring

I have two suggestions that will speak to the klutz in all of us. When measuring rice to cook, I set my measuring cup in the saucepan I will be using. When I pour the rice in, I place one hand as a guard to keep the rice from spilling onto the counter. I then empty the cup into the pan, add the right amount of water and cook.

The next one is to set my coffee canister in the sink when I fill it. Any spillage can be taken care of by turning on the faucet. As a person who spills and slops a lot this has been helpful to me. I certainly hope I'm not the only one who needs it.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

Good tip - i always thought i was the only klutz who spilled things when measuring. i measure everything in my sink! i even bread my chicken cutlets in the sink - one bowl for the eggs and one bowl for the breadcrumbs.

Now I wish someone could tell me how to quite knocking over cups of coffee, glasses of water. I'm so clumsy that quite often I knock over my coffee cup as I'm taking it out of the microwave after I reheated it. Yesterday, I knocked it over on the newspaper I was reading. I like to keep a glass of water on my nightstand as I wake up sometimes with a dry mouth. I had to quit that because I knocked the glass over and got my cell phone wet.

Marty D, A kindred spirit here in Australia, I have been doing those things for years! You make me feel better, my kind friends say when we go out and I drop something, spill or trip over something 'now you know why we don't take her out much!' but they say it with love, and they still take me out! Kind regards Jean, Gippsland, Australia

To prevent spills when filling coffee canister, I cut a small V shape in top of new coffee can. This controls the spills for me.

Measuring Ingredients
Measuring Ingredients
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsMarch 4, 2010
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Stack of colorful measuring cups
Organizing Measuring Cups
Spilled Milk in kitchen
Preventing Spills in the Kitchen
Measuring Elastic
Measuring Elastic for Clothing
🎄