Squeaking Sandals

My new sandals squeak when I walk. This happens even when everything is dry. What can I do to get rid of the squeak?

By Lynn from Ayr, Ontario

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I've heard that if you put some baby powder or WD-40 on the squeaky part, that will fix it.

Best Answer

Squeaky sandals ... mine actually sounded like little kids blowing air into their palms or arms to make a mock ... well, you know. I couldn't pull up the sole (from sandals?), I wasn't going to slather vaseline on them and be sliding around, I didn't want to poke holes in brand new sandals or pour glue in them. I just figured out that a half a tissue folded and placed discretely between my arch and the sole was all I needed. Eventually I didn't even need the tissue.

Hello you can get rid of this by using the sandals alot cause the same thing happened to me they were squeaking for over 5 days but then it started to stop.I really hope this does help your problem.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Yellow and blue strappy sandals against a white background
Fixing Squeaky Sandals
Home and Garden Repair ClothingSeptember 1, 2010
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 10:04:03 AM on 10.0.0.184 in 580 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.