Squeaking Sandals

My new sandals squeak when I walk. This happens even when everything is dry. What can I do to get rid of the squeak?

By Lynn from Ayr, Ontario

Best Answer

I've heard that if you put some baby powder or WD-40 on the squeaky part, that will fix it.

Best Answer

Squeaky sandals ... mine actually sounded like little kids blowing air into their palms or arms to make a mock ... well, you know. I couldn't pull up the sole (from sandals?), I wasn't going to slather vaseline on them and be sliding around, I didn't want to poke holes in brand new sandals or pour glue in them. I just figured out that a half a tissue folded and placed discretely between my arch and the sole was all I needed. Eventually I didn't even need the tissue.

OMG it worked. I took a paper towel folded it long way and put it inside my shoe making sure it touched under the ball of my foot and Arch my shoes don't squeak anymore

Hello you can get rid of this by using the sandals alot cause the same thing happened to me they were squeaking for over 5 days but then it started to stop.I really hope this does help your problem.

Yellow and blue strappy sandals against a white background
Fixing Squeaky Sandals
Home and Garden Repair ClothingSeptember 1, 2010